SuperCat is a small bootstrapped and profitable software company specializing in B2B sales enablement software. We’ve been in business since 2011 and are moving into our next phase of scalable growth.
We are completely remote, but value regular face/whiteboard time, so we are hiring in the Raleigh/Durham, NC region. We are product focused, aiming to meet the needs of our clients and their users.
We are looking for a Lead Rails Developer to lead our Ruby on Rails software development and Dev/Ops teams to deliver beautiful software that meets business needs, including scalability, usability, and reliability. You will have significant autonomy and influence in helping us scale our system to meet the needs of a growing client base. We have a pragmatic attitude to our technology, and very high commitment to stability and availability.
- Software development—Build and maintain our Ruby on Rails server with backend, JS and React frontend, and related projects (worker processes, ERP integrations, APIs, etc).
- Dev/Ops—Build and maintain our Ansible-based configuration and deploy project. Migrate our system to AWS from Rackspace.
- Technical leadership—Lead the team by example in writing maintainable, tested, clean code. Support this with docs and automation. Find ways to improve what we do; help us make our processes more effective, more efficient, more humane.
- Collaborate with business teams—Make sure the development team is meeting the functional needs of various business teams: sales, support, marketing, product.
- Technical exploration—Explore future directions through prototyping and evaluating external tools. Help with make/buy decisions.
- Reliability and performance—Maintain and improve the reliability and performance of our system to ensure we meet the needs of our client companies and thousands of B2B sales professionals who depend on SuperCat’s sales tools.
- On call—Be on-call to handle system incidents and critical support issues.
- Level 3 support—Provide a last line of support for our helpdesk and onboarding process.
- Strong Ruby on Rails experience and skills. Experience with React is a big plus.
- Strong Dev/Ops skills with Ansible. Linux experience is a must. Experience with Terraform is a plus. Experience with AWS is a must.
- Strong database skills with Postgresql.
- Strong git skills.
- Strong debugging skills to support Level 3 and Incident investigation.
- Ability to communicate clearly in written English is very important.
- Live near the Raleigh/Durham area and be available for occasional facetime, as needed (no coworking during the Pandemic)
Our benefits include:
- 100% remote team which values regular facetime. Please note, this is a Raleigh/Durham area hire only.
- Company-paid healthcare package, including medical, dental, vision, supplemental life.
- 401(k) with 4% employer match.
- Profit sharing program. We succeed, you succeed.
- 20 days of PTO, 8 paid holidays, with a flexible, get-your-job done perspective.