The Enterprise Technical Computing Department of ECIS is seeking an experienced Cloud Engineer to join our External Cloud Service team. The External Cloud Service is the single point of entry for projects seeking to leverage cloud services at MITRE. Our team provides secure provisioning of cloud environments, as well as decision support, consultation services, and billing management for MITRE access to Cloud Services. As a member of our team, you will work closely with fellow team members, end users and InfoSec engineers to define, provision, and support secure cloud deployments on multiple cloud platforms.
What we do:
The External Cloud Team strives to consistently lower the barrier-to-entry for projects using cloud services, by developing techniques for automating the secure deployment of workloads in the cloud. Our goal is to enable our end users to be self-sufficient to the largest degree possible, while maintaining a secure posture in the cloud as mandated by prevailing security policy. We currently broker access to three major cloud providers (Amazon Web Services, Azure -Government and IBM Cloud) with more providers currently being reviewed.
Who you are:
- An independent self-starter
- Intensely curious about new technologies
- Able to “lead the charge” by defining goals and strategies for enabling our internal customers – Familiar with a broad range of technologies and Information Technology concepts
- A security-minded engineer with best-in-class customer support skills
- Primarily responsible for driving the evolution of our Azure Government offering toward achieving functional parity with our AWS offering.
- Designing secure cloud architectures and services.
- Collaboration with InfoSec in defining secure baselines in the cloud
- Development of automation strategies for repeatable, secure provisioning of cloud environments using common DevOps methodologies.
- Keeping abreast of a constantly changing, cloud ecosystem
- End user support/trouble ticket response using our internal Service Desk platform (Cherwell) – Troubleshooting of cloud deployments for internal MITRE customers
- Develop and implement improved security tools, techniques and procedures
- Experience with one or more cloud service providers including Amazon Web Services (AWS) or Microsoft Azure (preferred)
- Knowledge of cloud, networking, and enterprise architectures
- Ability to work independently as well as with a team to develop novel approaches for solving challenging technical problems
- Experience securing systems to one or more compliance standards (e.g. NIST 800-171, NIST 800-53) – Experience with at least one programming/scripting language (e.g. Python, BASH)
- BS 5-8 years of experience
- Security Clearance: NA