Our approach to application development is team-centric and holistic from architecture and design to building high-quality, automated, cloud-enabled custom applications, helping clients modernize their software development processes and methodologies along the way. We have a highly flexible engagement model allowing clients to engage our software development experts in project-based solutions, through our managed services, as individual contributors or via distributed development team(s).
Project Delivery: Responsible for the successful delivery of work on engagements with AIM’s clients. Helping clients solve complex problems, push through challenging situations, and adapt new processes and software. Great customer service, passion for technology, and team success is our focus.
Consultant Community: Driving internal technical discussions, or technology exploration is vital to individual and organizational improvement. Playing an active role is each consultant’s responsibility. Contributing and learning whenever possible.
- Verbal and Written Communication – Effective communication with your Project Lead is paramount. Being able to share successes and challenges, as well as work progress is the bar. Good documentation and timely updates to tasks.
- Continuous Improvement – You should be focused on continually learning and increasing your value both individually and collectively. Using retrospectives to help you understand where you have room to grow and capitalizing on it.
- Maintaining Quality – Keeping an eye on the work contributed by all team members. If you see areas for improvement, you bring them up. An overall sense of ownership.
- Mentoring – Mentoring others on your team, or elsewhere in the organization. Sharing industry standard best practices, or modern architectural improvements.
- Community Development – Organizing and leading discussions and events within the organization. Creating workshops, sharing seed projects, collaborating on process improvements.
- Experience with JVM languages such as Java, Clojure, Scala and Groovy
- Experience with Messaging technologies such as Kafka, ActiveMQ, RabbitMQ and Amazon SQS
- Experience with relational database technologies such as MySQL, Oracle and Postgres
- Experience with NoSQL technologies such as Cassandra, DynamoDB, ElasticSearch and MongoDB
- Must be passionate about software development. You will be expected to be able to build prototypes / frameworks and perform code reviews
- Highly effective communication skills
- Ability to flourish in an agile organizational culture, where changes in priorities and processes is the norm
- Experience with Cloud infrastructure and services (AWS, GCP, Azure)
- Experience with Reactive libraries such as RxJava, Ratpack, Reactor, Akka and Vert.x
- Experience with serverless architectures
- Experience with NodeJS services (Express, Koa, hapi)
- Experience building out continuous integration and deployment environments
- Experience with test automation
AIM Consulting is an Equal Opportunity Employer. AIM Consulting provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty, or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws. AIM Consulting complies with applicable state and local laws governing non-discrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. Reasonable accommodation is available for qualified individuals with disabilities, upon request.