Who We Are:
Cardinal Financial is a fast-growing, technology-based mortgage lender reinventing how people get home loans. We understand great people are the key to great companies.
Who We Need:
We’re looking for a bright, hard-working, and passionate full-stack Java software engineer that wants to be part of a team and company building great technology.
This role is remote but required to operate within an Eastern or Central time zone and is not eligible for any form of employment authorization programs (i.e. H1B, etc).
What You’re Like:
- You love a fast environment with a lot of churn. You take pleasure in creation, chaos, spontaneity, change, debate and silence.
- You’re passionate about great code design, great UX, security, performance and testing.
- You pride yourself on understanding projects top to bottom.
- You’re comfortable working in a team where each of us has a huge impact and we depend on each other to get things done.
- You enjoy working alone or working with others. You’re comfortable doing things even when you’re not told exactly what to do.
- You like helping others on things that have nothing to do with your project.
What You Need:
- You have a bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related field and at least 2 years of software development experience on a large-scale web application.
- You communicate well whether you’re getting specs from a stakeholder, writing those specs, explaining a design to your colleagues, or patiently helping a user
- You can analyze a feature story and design a robust solution for it. You can create specs for complex business rules and calculations.
- You write well-designed code that you and others will find easy to understand and modify six months from now.
- You have a strong understanding of object-oriented design and how to implement your designs in Java. You’re comfortable with Linux commands and tools.
- You know how to design good databases and your SQL skills are solid.
- Experience implementing HTTP / XML integrations with third-party systems is a plus.