Top Skills Needed
- 8+ years of experience with Java Developement
- Spring framework (Spring Boot, Spring MVC)
- AWS hands on – don’t need to be an expert but know like EC2, S3
- Messaging systems- JMS or Kaftka or AWS SQS
- Docker- familiar
- Heavy experience in building API
The Software Engineer II (SE II) contributes to full systems life cycle development (SDLC) for the core middleware services that enable integration of internal systems, as well as between internal systems and external vendor platforms. S/he designs, codes, and tests systems integration software to solve a wide variety of use cases. The SE II also maintains existing Enterprise Service Bus (ESB) solutions, including monitoring, troubleshooting and deploying updates and patches. In addition, s/he troubleshoots application infrastructure issues, such as servers and thirdparty services that are part of the ESB ecosystem.
- Gathers and analyzes requirements related to enterprise integration solutions.
- Documents business and technical requirements.
- Identifies opportunities for and develops software prototypes that could help the ESB team better understand system integration requirements, as well as mitigate risks and provide realistic and accurate level-of-effort (LOE) estimates.
- Designs and develops complex custom enterprise software integration solutions, leveraging a variety of
- technologies, including Talend ESB, Java, Spring, Apache Camel, JMS, Amazon Web Services, REST and
- relational databases.
- Implements enhancements and bug fixes for existing integration software.
- Participates in source code management and often takes a lead role in the release planning process.
- Documents software designs.
- Documents integration test scenarios.
- Tests integration components using testing tools such as Postman and SOAP UI.
- Deploys new software components, enhancements, patches and systems configuration updates across
- Troubleshoots, diagnoses, and resolves complex issues and defects at all levels, including ESB software
- components and all ESB supporting infrastructure.
- Reviews and maintains documentation related to problem resolution.