Nalpeiron (http://www.nalpeiron.com) is seeking a motivated IT Network/System Administrator to configure, maintain, including various IT systems, primarily .NET / Windows environments and Linux.
This is an opportunity to join a mature but fast growing SaaS Vendor in a hot market, working with a range of professional business customers, to enable them to get the most from our products and services. Nalpeiron is the leader in SaaS Software Licensing and Analytics. We are a small but fast growing ISV – based in the US/UK, 15 years old and profitable.
This is a “work from home” opportunity as we use the latest in virtual tools to support our clients and you don’t have any commute! Working from your own home office but working with a local team and meeting once a week.
The ideal candidate will be a motivated and enthusiastic all-rounder with a focus on System Administration.
Job Description and Responsibilities
- Setting up, Systems Management and monitoring our SaaS infrastructure (Firewalls, Load Balancers, Windows Servers, IIS Web Servers, SQL Servers)
- Linux Server Administration
- AWS Administration, Automation
- Release Management (both Multi-tenant and Single Tenant Systems)
- Apply System Updates, Monitoring Infosec
- Backup Management
- System Documentation
- Troubleshooting a variety of technical and non-technical issues customers may have with their implementation of Nalpeiron SaaS and client-side products
- Work closely with the Development team to identify research and document any problems reported in JIRA bug tracking system
- Manage technical online record-keeping including the collection and sharing of data, creation of reports, and implementing technical administrative processes
- Bachelor degree in Computer Science, MIS or Engineering or equivalent work experience.
- 3+ years of previous experience in Server and Infrastructure support, administration and maintenance (specifically Windows Server, IIS, SQL Server Enterprise, MongoDB, Linux)
- Experience with Virtualization Environments, including HyperV, KVM/QEMU and VMWare
- Experience of AWS Server Setup, Configuration, Networking and Automation
- Experience of Software release management
- Familiarity with TCP/IP networking (IPv4,IPv6, HTTP/HTTPS, DNS, SMTP, SSH and NTP)
- Knowledge of common web technologies (HTTP, REST, Web Services, XML, etc.)
- Automate installation methods and system imaging (e.g. Kickstart/Ansible)
- Use cryptographic experience to set up public key infrastructure (PKI) to create, manage, distribute, use, store, and revoke digital certificates and manage public-key encryption
- Familiarity with the setup, administration and maintenance of VPNs (OpenVPN).
- Analyze, design, and implement modifications to system software to improve and enhance system performance by correcting errors
- Understand and use essential tools for handling files, directories, command-line environments, and documentation
- Operate running systems, including booting into different run levels, identifying processes, starting and stopping virtual machines, and controlling services
- Configure local storage using partitions and logical volumes
- Create and configure file systems and file system attributes, such as permissions, encryption, access control lists, and network file systems
- Deploy, configure, and maintain systems, including software installation, update, and core services
- Manage security, including basic firewall, IDS, proxies and similar
- Configure static routes, packet filtering, and network address translation
- Produce and deliver reports on system utilization
- Use shell scripting to automate system maintenance tasks
- Hours: Flexible full-time working hours (work from home, no commute!)
- Compensation: Based on experience
- Ongoing Education: We provide an annual stipend to pursue your choice of professional training opportunities, including workshops, class, books, etc
- Benefits Package: Paid Holidays, Annual and Health Leave