Join MITREs Innovation Labs as an IT Service Management Practitioner to take your career to the next level. Bring your proven experience and expertise to our innovative cross-disciplinary technical environment. At MITRE Labs, we provide expertise to solve the problems of our federal sponsors by working across technical disciplines to customize solutions that are impactful. Our technical depth and breadth enables MITRE to create innovative solutions that address the root cause of problems facing our nation.
Location is in McLean, VA, but remote working arrangements are possible.
- Providing guidance to federal sponsors for improved service support and service delivery
- Working with an internal service management team of experts to create frameworks and artifacts to support Cloud Computing and Service Management capabilities
- Identifying and testing interventions using automation, machine learning, and artificial intelligence
- Participating in MITRE-wide technical exchanges related to Cloud and Digital Transformation
- BS degree and 5 years related experience
- Applicants selected for this position will be subject to a government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information or applicants who are eligible for security clearances.
- Ability to obtain and maintain a Top Secret security clearance
Candidate will be part of the technical team with at least 5 (five) years knowledge in one or more of the following technologies:
- Automation, DevOps and any aspects of Infrastructure as Code (IaC), Automated provisioning, APIs, and Continuous Integration & Delivery. Familiarity with Configuration Management such as Ansible/Puppet/Chef; provisioning with Terraform, or Cloudformation; CI/CD tools such as Jenkins, Gitlab-CI, etc.
- Infrastructure Applications, IaaS, PaaS, Cloud Computing (including virtualization, platform migration, server consolidation, utility computing, grid computing, VPN, wireless and mobile computing platforms, SAN/NAS, messaging, intrusion detection, intrusion prevention, identity & privilege management and authentication, IdAM as a service, multi-cloud and cloud broker capability; cloud service level agreements)
- Data Center Design, Operations, Consolidations, Migrations (including
servers, storage, workstations, voice and data networks, firewalls, cabling systems, power distribution and environmental systems; software defined datacenter, hyperconverged infrastructure, and edge computing)
- Certification(s) in Infrastructure systems including Operating Systems, Networking, Security, ITSM, Governance, Agile or LEAN approaches