Zattoo is searching for a highly motivated iOS/tvOS Engineer (f/m/x) with a proven track record in delivering iOS applications to join our world class team. Zattoo’s mobile apps for iOS are installed on millions of devices. We were among the first to bring Live and Catch Up TV to these platforms without requiring additional hardware. In addition to mobile, we put a strong focus on new Apple based big screen platforms such as tvOS and Airplay.
We’re looking for someone who wants to push the boundaries of what’s possible on these platforms. You will find Zattoo to be a comfortable place to work with pragmatic decision making, fast approval paths and willingness to take risks. Most importantly, you’ll be surrounded by colleagues who’ll share your commitment to developing and selling world class products.
We Are Zattoo
Founded in 2005 Zattoo is one of the leading TV streaming providers in Europe with around 3 million users per month. With headquarters in Zurich, we also have a large team in Berlin. Over 200 employees of 40 nationalities contribute to the television of the future and we are growing! We are pioneers in our field and wish to remain so in the years to come. That challenges us and is great fun. We have a culture that is constantly on the lookout for new opportunities, allows mistakes to be made in learning and places good ideas above hierarchies. For us, flexible working hours and the opportunity to work remotely are a matter of course. We truly foster trust based working.
What You’ll Do
- Develop and maintain our native iOS and tvOS applications
- Collaborate with developers, designers and product managers to conceptualize, build, test and release applications
- Write high quality code with clean architecture and use common design patterns
- Translate high level requirements around functionality into elegant functional solutions
- Implement compelling device specific user interfaces and optimize performance for the applications
What You’ll Bring
- 4+ years of experience in iOS application development with very good knowledge of the iOS build system and application framework
- High proficiency with Swift and Objective C
- Write clean and testable code
- Comfortable in working with remote colleagues, cross-functional teams and external partners
- Fluent verbal and written English language skills
- Bonus: TV app development (tvOS, Cast API) or adaptive video streaming (HLS)
- Bonus: Automated testing on iOS (Unit Testing, Acceptance/UI Testing) and CI systems
- Bonus: Contributions to, or creation of, open source projects
What We Offer You
- Reward: strong market competitive salary
- Recharge: 30 days vacation plus public holidays
- Regulate: Trust based flexible working hours and the option for remote working 8 weeks
- We’re sharing: free access to the best streaming experience on the market
- We’re developing: your own development budget, German classes and hackdays
- We’re inclusive: ‘Zattooies’ are a fun, engaged, and diverse team made up of 40 nationalities
- We’re healthy: yoga classes, health checks, team sports, organic fruit bowls
- We’re responsible: we are carbon neutral, an active employee Green team, discounted BVG tickets and free bike rentals
- We’re sociable: a calendar of events with fireside chats, lunches, in-house bar, BBQ’s, monthly socials, summer party and an annual off-site event
Product Creation Team
At the heart of Zattoo’s organisation, there is a group of people who are extremely passionate about TV Products and Technology. This diverse group of engineers, product managers, designers, SRE, network, QA and support specialists cover a large area of expertise and are building our vision of the streaming age TV platform. We value high quality, user-oriented and sustainable work and strive to be at the forefront of technology and collaboration.
We encourage everybody to express their ideas and give autonomy and focus to independent teams. Our dream is to let people watch their favourite TV content in the simplest and most comfortable way. We see our strength in disrupting traditional broadcasting technology while collaborating closely with the great companies that produce this content.
Zattoo enables our users to view indiscriminately and we reflect that in our team too. Regardless of race, gender, sexual orientation, religion, national origin, age, disability or any other characteristic protected by law we encourage everyone to apply and will give everyone equal consideration. We are an equal opportunities employer, join us and help build a diverse team dedicated to the future of TV.