Come and join us! Intel is seeking highly qualified candidates to join our Data Platforms Group (DPG) as a Cloud Developer Advocate!
Come join the Cloud and Enterprise Solutions Group (CESG) within DPG and embark on Intel’s cloud journey as we build, educate, and delight the thousands of developers that build solutions on the public cloud. We are a team chartered to build Intel’s Cloud Center of Excellence, to be the voice of users that consume and rely on cloud services to run their business.
We are looking for passionate individuals to join our team as a Cloud Developer Advocate. The Cloud Developer Advocate team consists of technical practitioners across many industries. Members of this team combine their domain knowledge with their passion for making customers and partners successful enabling innovative cloud solutions and solving problems in easy-to-use, scalable, reliable, and cost-efficient ways.
The ideal candidate will have the following skills in addition to the qualifications listed below.
– Customer empathy, business aptitude, common sense, and a self-starter attitude.
– Quick learner with a passion for technology and the public cloud, particularly key trends such as containerization, database, security, artificial intelligence and machine learning, enterprise migration, hybrid cloud including edge computing.
– Deploy, test, and provide feedback on cloud services
– Excellent verbal and written communication skills ideally with experience creating developer documentation, guides, and training materials for cloud services and experience speaking at conferences, meetups, and/or customer events to advocate for technologies powering cloud services
– Experience network services using protocols: LDAP, SSH, SSL, DNS, TLS, HTTPS.
– Experience using cloud such as AWS, GCP, Azure, Alibaba, etc. using cloud services (PaaS and/or containers) that create solutions to solve end-user problems.
– Experience in containerization, microservices, and related tooling to integrate container applications into CI/CD: Docker, Kubernetes, EKS, or GKS.
In this position, you will gain invaluable experience which will allow growth and expanded opportunities within this business group as well as future possible opportunities with other business groups within Intel.
The Data Platforms Group drives new product technologies from high-end co-processors for supercomputers to low-energy systems for enterprise and the cloud, as well as solutions for big data and intelligent devices. The group is a worldwide organization that develops the products and technologies that power 9 of every 10 servers sold worldwide.
You must possess the below minimum qualifications to be initially considered for this position. Preferred qualifications are in addition to the minimum requirements and are considered a plus factor in identifying top candidates.
– Bachelor’s degree in Electrical or Computer Engineering, Computer Science, Math, Physics, Management of Information, or related field plus 4 years of industry work experience, or
– Master’s degree in Electrical or Computer Engineering, Computer Science, Math, Physics, Management of Information, or related field plus 3 years of industry work experience, or
– PhD in Electrical or Computer Engineering, Computer Science, Math, Physics, Management of Information, or related field plus related experience.
Minimum Required Qualifications:
– 3 plus years of experience in cloud technology, developer relations, or enterprise migration
– 3 plus years of experience with Continuous Integration and Continuous Delivery (CI/CD), Source Code Repos and configuration management tools: Git, Chef, Ansible, Jenkins or Puppet.
– 3 plus years of experience with server OS environments: Ubuntu, RHEL, SUSE, Centos, Windows.
Additional Preferred Qualifications:
– Master’s Degree or higher.
– Foundational Cloud Certification a plus (AWS Cloud Practitioner, Google Cloud Foundational, Azure Fundamentals, Alibaba Cloud Certified Professional (ACP), Tencent Cloud Professional (TCP), Baidu ABC, etc.).
Inside this Business Group
The Data Center Group (DCG) is at the heart of Intel’s transformation from a PC company to a company that runs the cloud and billions of smart, connected computing devices. The data center is the underpinning for every data-driven service, from artificial intelligence to 5G to high-performance computing, and DCG delivers the products and technologies—spanning software, processors, storage, I/O, and networking solutions—that fuel cloud, communications, enterprise, and government data centers around the world.