You will be part of our Central Campaigns/Promotions team. This team is responsible for all campaigns and promotions in all markets by creating sophisticated systems capable of automatically reacting to customers, market and supplier needs. We aim to ensure that all of our customers get the best possible value proposition by offering competitive prices, promotions and discounts.
- We like to learn and deliver good quality products and for that we think that continuous delivery, clean code and DevOps mindset it is the best way to do it.
- Scrum is our way of work, and we feel like agile environment it is not only inside the team, our managers also believe in it and the organization is already aligned to it.
- The environment is very friendly and sometimes we do some activities together after work also of course with other teams.
- We are used to learning from each others, this way we can share knowledge between us and of course from newcomers like you.
- The daily tasks are related to develop new features, maintain team products and improve all the infrastructure we need for it, so we also would like to have a colleague that likes to be cross-functional.
- English is the official language of the company, we have mates from other countries inside our teams sometimes or we call to synchronize with other teams located in Krakow or Munich be able to communicate in English is a must.
Things we do on a daily base:
- Working with agile methodologies.
- We also use UX practices to design or modify our Interface.
- Microservice approach using mainly Kotlin.
- Integration with other company system tools is done by async messaging.
- Functional programming mindset is used in both front and backend. Ramda.js is used in the frontend and Arrow.kt in the backend.
- Testing all our new features.
Our current stack:
- Java, Java Lambdas
- Jest, Karate
- Amazon Web Services (RDS, SQS, SNS, etc)
- Cloud infrastructure (Terraform, cli…)
- CI/CD with Jenkins pipeline
- Kibana, Grafana
What we are looking for:
- 2+ years in software development
- Experience with Java 8 or higher and Java lambdas
- Experience with test design and unit testing
- Knowledge of Jest, Kotlin, AWS and Terraform is a plus
- Agile mindset willing to learn all the team duties
- Team player
- Able to understand and apply design patterns
- English at working language level
What We Are Offering You
Become a part of our success story and seize the opportunity to take on a real challenge in a dynamically growing company where there is huge scope for development and short decision-making processes. We are offering you a versatile, international-facing role in our motivated team with colleagues from all over Europe. Our Spanish office is at a great location in Madrid, with great infrastructure links. Additionally, we offer many competitive benefits such as:
- Competitive salary
- 28 days’ vacation (plus Dec 24 and 31 when they fall on a labor day)
- Medical insurance
- Flexible working hours
- Discount in zooplus shop