Boehringer Ingelheim is one of the world’s leading pharmaceutical companies. We are currently building an exploration platform, that allows clinical drug development teams to search, compare and integrate disparate multi-omics data sources. This will enable Boehringer Ingelheim to optimize the design of future clinical studies.
We are currently growing our cross functional product team here in Vienna. The mission is to successfully scale up within the next couple of months.
As a Full Stack Developer, you will build the backbone and the UI of a full-scale application, including the design, development, testing and delivery. You will work collaboratively and iteratively deliver a fully functioning web-based application. You will closely work together with Data Scientists, other Developers, the UX Designer, the Scrum Master and Product Owner on your team.
Tasks & responsibilities
- Design and development of the business logic and backend services for full-scale applications
- Implement the UI and its business logic according to UX Designer and Product Owner specifications
- Development of high-quality code based on defined user stories, including unit/integration tests and code documentation of suitable quality for the product increments in rapid iterations
- Support, maintenance and optimization of our development and production system environments including the continuous delivery pipeline
- Applying agile methodologies, the Full Stack Developer is an integral part of the product development team and works closely with the product owner to deliver a fully functioning and scalable application
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science or comparable experience, as well as first-hand experience of the intense collaboration in an agile software development team
- 3-5 years of professional experience, ideally additional background/experience in natural sciences
- Knowhow in modern frameworks, APIs, database technologies and query languages. Full-Stack experience preferred (Node.js, GraphQL, ReactJs, Redux, Storybook, PostgreSQL)
- Taking adequate measures to ensure code quality (inclusive Code Reviews)
- Experience in continuous development and deployment tools as well as container platforms and management systems (Git)
- Self-directed, able to contribute and see ahead of the current development timeline
- English working proficiency and communications skills (verbal and written)
- Position specific training opportunities for your personal and professional growth
- Comprehensive health promotion, sustaining your health in the best possible way
- Additional off-days (bridge-days) for more leisure time
- Company pension scheme, because your future matters
- Staff restaurant with a variety of lunch options for your daily well-being
We offer an attractive salary package in line with your qualification, experience and individual competencies. The base pay is composed of a market oriented excess payment and the respective amount according to the Austrian collective agreement (at least € 50,000 gross per year/full-time).