AEE seeks a Full Stack Software Developer to join our small but growing software development team. You will work on a variety of web projects, from implementing interactive front-ends to designing and building enterprise grade back-end solutions for our product PowerSuite. The Software Developer will be responsible for maintaining and growing: a mature codebase, a one-of-a-kind document data store, a state-of-the-art data pipeline, and an Elasticsearch full text search service and integrations with both Microsoft Azure and AWS’ machine learning services.
AEE is seeking an independent professional who brings a background in B2B SaaS platforms. The Software Developer will work collaboratively as part of a team under the direction of the General Manager of PowerSuite. Candidates should be creative and flexible, with the ability to work on multiple projects as needed to support AEE’s work in a variety of areas. The successful candidate will contribute to all areas of our platform from real-time logging services to front-end user experiences. The position may require limited travel.
- Contribute to an enterprise grade data processing system that handles hundreds of millions of records a month
- Build interactive applications with Ruby on Rails and other frameworks like React.js
- In addition to our development team, you will work with other internal and external customers in a fast-paced deadline-oriented environment that has a huge impact on clean energy issues
- Work on multiple projects under light supervision
- Use best practices and standards to write well-tested, maintainable code
- Learn and grow in a highly collaborative environment, including code reviews, pairing sessions, and a commitment to great UI/UX
- Have a bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or equivalent industry experience
- Have a minimum of 4 years experience in a production environment (preferably Ruby on Rails or other MVC framework)
- Have experience with the ELK stack
- Have experience building complex workflows with AWS services such as S3, SNS, SQS, Lambda and EC2
- Experience deploying applications to Heroku and/or AWS
- Have experience working on a small team and owning your work
- Have experience with writing tests for your code
- Communicate well—clearly, kindly, often—within your team and with others
- Have experience working successfully on a distributed team
- Experience with other languages such as Python and Go a plus
- Interest and some experience building supervised and unsupervised machine learning (ML) models with applications in areas such as document classification and sentiment analysis a plus
- Passion for AEE’s mission of moving the world to a secure, clean, affordable energy future
Please submit a cover letter expressing why this position and organization interest you, as well as a current resume.