Schoolytics is using data and analytics to improve student outcomes. Our modern data platform enables schools to effortlessly aggregate, analyze, and interpret data across disparate data sources, connecting the dots to create holistic views of student learning.
Schoolytics is seeking candidates who are excited about building a petabyte scale data platform from the ground up using cutting edge technologies, hosted on Google Cloud Platform (GCP) leveraging Docker, Kubernetes, App Engine, and MongoDB. Our developers and engineers work together to design, implement, and continuously deploy features; continually look for the next problem to solve; and seek to constantly improve existing systems. The platform you will build will be used to help teachers monitor student engagement, school administrators direct resources towards students with the most need for assistance, and assess effectiveness of learning materials and methods. We are seeking to fill Back End Software Engineer, Full Stack Developer, and Web Developer positions that are fully remote.
• 3+ years experience designing and delivering production-quality Python code
• Must be eligible to work in and located within the United States; sponsorship not available.
Schoolytics started as and will always have remote work flexibility. You will have the opportunity to collaborate with driven, innovative developers working to push emerging products and processes within the EdTech space.
As a Full Stack Developer, you will be building the components of our system that securely connect the front end interface with the back end processing, improving system performance, assisting with data acquisition, and collaborating with teammates to drive modularization and stability across the entire architecture.
Web Developers will work with product managers to refine and evolve web based UIs that enhance student-teacher communication and relationships, as well as empowering all school staff to better support students through remote learning through COVID and beyond.
You will collaborate with a small (4-6 person) development team to design and build API connections between the backend and web application, as well as evolve client and middleware code. Responsibilities include developing new features, improving existing features, testing, fixing bugs, handling scaling of millions of transactions and processes.
Skills + Requirements
• Ability to focus on customer-driven requirements and customer satisfaction
• Ability to balance multiple projects and priorities in an Agile environment
• Desire to conquer ever changing problems and products in a start-up atmosphere
• Passion for automation and testing as a part of development
• Active curiosity and interest in continually learning new technologies and improving existing skills
If these sound like the kind of problems you want to work on and the kind of team you want to be a part of, absolutely apply! We care about technical rigor and passion for education more than previous experience in a specific tech stack.
Preferred Qualifications (Not a requirement, please apply even if you don’t have experience with these!)
• Experience with Google Cloud Platform
• Familiarity with Docker, Kubernetes, MongoDB, Hapi.js, ReactJS
• Knowledge of data engineering and data acquisition
• Experience with continuous integration and deployment
Candidates selected for the first round will participate in SWYG:
Swyg is a peer to peer interviewing platform that gives everyone a chance to shine, with a fair and personal evaluation. Find out more here: https://swyg.com/candidates