We are looking for a Full Stack Software Engineer with a background in micro-service and big data architectures for analytics solutions. You will join one of our platform teams and work on developing core systems that perform massive data queries and analyses to support the diagnostics of IT problems by our end-users. This is a hands-on position where you will design, build, and deploy production grade components, while collaborating with multiple cross-functional teams.
Are you someone with a result-oriented mindset? You may thrive in this environment, supported by your experience building big data pipelines and micro-service solutions; actually any experience in data analytics is a plus. The ability to communicate complicated concepts in simple ways is vital as you will be working in a cross-functional environment with teams throughout Europe.
What does your day to day look like?
- Developing architectures, microservices, data models and front ends of new features in fast cycles of experimentation and consolidation
- Deploying those features in our production cloud environment following best practices
- Being a strong team player
- Actively supporting the creation of continuous integration processes in an Agile environment
- Teaching others the ways of distributed cloud systems and databases
- Helping QA teammates in their day to day support issues
- Following and improving our code quality and documentation standards
Experience & Skills
- 3-5 years of experience building distributed data systems in commercial environments (IT, finance, business intelligence, analytics). Agile, CI/CD know-how is a must.
- Worked on data platforms that were deployed in a cloud environment (backend-side).
- Strong experience with scalable software architectures: micro-services, APIs (e.g.: REST, GraphQL, OpenAPI), container deployment (e.g.: Docker, Kubernetes, Istio).
- Experience with DevOps and infrastructure as code: Micronaut, Terraform, Ansible.
- Experience with developing and maintaining cloud native applications, with AWS or similar
- Mastery of an OOP language: Java (preferred), C#, C++, etc.
- Experience with modern UI frameworks like React and/or React-Native
- Strong refactoring abilities and test automation – TDD is a plus
- Passion for building a system from the ground up; start-up experience is a plus
- Proven independence and self-drive; strong motivation for complex challenges and learning new technologies
- Teamwork and helping others are part of your DNA
- Excellent communication skills
This is an exceptional opportunity to join a fast-growing, successful and innovative company. Nexthink allows you to thrive in a unique work environment where the emphasis is on excellence, innovation, openness and collaboration.