As a Front-End Software Engineer at Specific Energy, you will work on the team that develops and maintains the customer-facing user interface for all our products. Our front-end team is responsible for delivering the highest quality user experience to our customers on desktop and mobile devices. You will contribute to an interface that is used by companies around the world to monitor and maintain their industrial equipment. You will work closely with the backend team and use customer feedback to continually improve and push updates and features to users. We have an agile approach to development.
Specific Energy has been around for 10 years and has the benefit of an established installed base and proven run-time. We are a small company and require everyone to wear multiple hats. As a Front-End Software Engineer you would have the unique opportunity to get in on the ground floor of an emerging technology company and play a key role in growing this business and gaining mainstream market adoption.
- Deliver best-in-class user experience for our customers
- Work closely with the back-end development team
- Design new user interfaces and components
- Mock-up designs in Sketch or Figma
- Iterate designs based on user feedback
- Experience working on SaaS applications
- Familiarity with bug & error tracking platforms
- Familiarity with good software development practices
- BS in computer science, engineering, or related technical field
- Strong communication skills
- iOS development experience
- UX design experience
- Android development experience
- Experience with front-end analytics platforms
- Some experience with C++
- Websocket experience
Georgetown, TX is just a short 15 minute drive north on i-35 from Austin, TX. The majority of our team lives in Austin.