To shape the future of food experiences
As a Senior front-end developer at Jumbo, you will contribute to important online projects. Do you care about the quality of the code and the products you make and are you looking for a job in which you have the freedom to discover new things? Then this is your chance to join our Jumbo front-end guild!
Jumbo Tech Campus: where it all happens
Jumbo is the second-largest supermarket chain in the Netherlands and we have ambitious plans for our online presence. Company-wide, we are becoming more technology-focused, and within our Jumbo Tech Campus we are the forerunners of that goal. We are organized based on agile principles, and at the Jumbo Tech Campus, you can work on innovations that matter. You have the freedom to discover new things and as part of a top-flight team, you are inspired to become a better you!
There’s no “I” in Jumbo
As a front-end developer you will be part of one of the scrum teams. Each scrum team has all the skills to be able to implement a user story from A to Z. Depending on the assignment of your team, the team composition consists of developers, testers, consultants, ops, designers, etc.
We give a lot of autonomy and responsibility to our teams. Within teams we expect you to take ownership and to help the team improve continuously. Your goal is maintainable, clean code. We review each other’s code and try to learn from each other whenever we can. We continuously test and analyze the performance of our system to keep up with our ever-growing customer base.
As a Front-End Developer, you will be working on challenging projects. You will be involved in technical decision making, writing amazing code and create a stunning e-commerce platform. By taking ownership of your code you will make a difference
Your main tasks as a front-end developer
- You play an important role in building a state of the art front-end framework for the jumbo.com website that is linked to a living style guide;
- You will Identify bottlenecks and bugs, and devise solutions to solve them;
- You will be part of one of our scrum teams and work closely with UX designers and microservices (AWS) backend developers;
- You will be part of our front-end guild: Within this guild, we share knowledge and discuss topics that should be aligned for the whole department. Things like code guidelines, design guidelines, etc.
Do you have the Jumbo DNA?
We are looking for senior front-end developers with a passion for their craft, who care about the quality of the code and the products they create. You enjoy working in a Scrum-based team. You do not wait for things to happen, you make things happen. You have a passion for software development and love sharing it with your colleagues. You speak and write English fluently, and can tick all of the following boxes:
- A Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Computer/Software Engineering, a related technical field, or equivalent practical experience.
- At least 5 years of experience as a front-end developer
- Proven experience with one or more of the following frameworks: Angular, React, or Vue.
- Experience with Git and understanding of GitFlow.
- Unit testing, performance, cross-browser compatibility and clean code is in your DNA.
- Experience with Sass is a plus.
You will code for food
Shaping the future of online food retail is a challenging job. We will offer you plenty of space to develop your own initiatives and lots of opportunities to grow, both personally and in your area of expertise. Also, you will be surrounded by the best and brightest talents to share your ideas, knowledge and memes with.
Of course, you will receive a competitive salary and great working conditions. But even more important:
- We value your code more than your dress code;
- We are a food retailer so of course, you can have a delicious lunch in our food café;
- We are a family company so we want you to become part of our Jumbo Tech Campus family;
- We will give you 30 days of holidays a year, so you can enjoy your well-deserved free time;
- We offer a working environment in which you can learn, grow and have lots of fun!