Greenhost is looking for a front-end developer to take the lead on delivering our website and products to our partners and customers, with a focus on UX/UI best practices. As part of the developer team, you will be maintaining and improving our current structure, as well as deploying new tools and products.
- You share our values of internet freedom, privacy and human rights, and you prefer open source over enterprise software;
- You understand the importance of human-centred design, and are familiar with best practices and principles in UX and UI;
- You are comfortable with web frameworks. You like your data served through APIs, and your assets generated at build time;
- You enjoy working in a team, and appreciate timely communication;
- You like to share knowledge, and want to learn from others.
Skills and competencies:
- Experience with best practices in UX (user-oriented design and development, affordances and constraints, web accessibility);
- Familiarity with basic design principles (color theory, typography, iconography);
- Proven ability to translate user-oriented wireframes and concepts into production-ready interfaces;
- Experience with modern web frameworks such as React or Vue, as well as veterans such as Django and Yii;
- Fluency in Git (we use Gitlab) and terminal-based operations;
- Fluency in English (as a second language).
When applying, please make sure to include why you want to work for Greenhost, and why you would be a good match to our organisation.