Come and join us! Intel’s Ethernet Customer Solutions (ECS) team under the Data Platforms Group (DPG) is looking for an Ethernet Technologies Software Applications Engineer to enable and support customers of Intel’s server class wired Ethernet products in high performance RDMA, network attached storage, and High Performance Computing technologies.
As an Ethernet Technologies Software Applications Engineer, you will work closely with Software, Hardware, and Firmware development and validation as well as product marketing and business acceleration managers to help assure that Ethernet product designs and implementations meet requirements for targeted customer workloads. You will provide solution support for a wide range of datacenter workloads, for example: high speed networked/clustered storage, MPI High Performance Computing (HPC) applications, and more. Your primary duties would include hands-on full-stack Ethernet datacenter proof of concept (PoC) solution testing, customer issue support/debug, and proactive internal and external customer enablement (configuration guides, performance tuning, workload optimization).
This position will require a combination of working independently, with peers, design engineers, software engineers, and software architects to influence product features, reliability, supportability and ensure that customer needs and requirements are being addressed in a timely manner. Complex system-level issue debug, problem solving, multi-tasking, organization, and customer and stakeholder management skills are critical to success.
The ideal candidate will have the following skills in addition to the qualifications listed below.
- Direct customer interaction experience, preferably in technical debug support role.
- Comfortable task switching and managing multiple tasks at the same time.
- Verbal and written communication skills with customers of all skill levels (novice thru expert).
- Work effectively in a complex, fast-paced work environment.
In this position you will gain invaluable experience which will allow growth and expanded opportunities within this business group as well as future possible opportunities with other business groups within Intel.
You must possess the below minimum qualifications to be initially considered for this position. Preferred qualifications are in addition to the minimum requirements and are considered a plus factor in identifying top candidates.
- Bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering, Computer Science, or equivalent with 3+ years of related industry experience or a Master’s degree in Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering, Computer Science, or equivalent with 2+ years of related industry experience.
- Minimum 1+ years’ experience in networking stack development, network driver development and/or network driver support. Linux/Open Source server operating systems (RHEL, SuSE, FreeBSD, Ubuntu, etc.) strongly preferred, though advanced VMware ESXi Server or Windows Server experience could also be applicable.
- Minimum 2+ years’ experience with current computer networking architecture, protocols, topologies, and networking products (such as Ethernet, InfiniBand, or equivalent).
- Minimum 2+ years’ experience system level server network debug experience involving hardware, software, and firmware.
- Minimum 2 +years of experience with performance analysis of Linux networking, storage and network applications, including the impact of networking components on CPU/memory subsystems.
- Minimum 2+ years of experience and a working knowledge of scripting (examples: Python, BASH, perl, Powershell, etc).
- Minimum 2+ years of experience and practical knowledge in multi-threaded, multi-core, and distributed software architectures.
- Minimum 2+ years of System admin or Network admin-level experience with one or more of the following:
- RDMA (iWARP, RoCEv2, InfiniBand (IB)) network protocols/configurations.
- Cluster configuration and testing for MPI/HPC applications.
- Network attached storage (NAS) target/client configuration and testing, ex: NVMeoF, iSCSI, iSER, NFS, etc.
Inside this Business Group
The Data Center Group (DCG) is at the heart of Intel’s transformation from a PC company to a company that runs the cloud and billions of smart, connected computing devices. The data center is the underpinning for every data-driven service, from artificial intelligence to 5G to high-performance computing, and DCG delivers the products and technologies—spanning software, processors, storage, I/O, and networking solutions—that fuel cloud, communications, enterprise, and government data centers around the world.
US, California, Santa Clara;US, Oregon, Hillsboro
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, religious creed, sex, national origin, ancestry, age, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, military and veteran status, marital status, pregnancy, gender, gender expression, gender identity, sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by local law, regulation, or ordinance.