Ritual is a direct-to-consumer health brand that believes it’s crucial to know not just what you’re putting into your body, but why you need it in the first place. We’re transparent about our ingredients, where they’re sourced from, and have spent years conducting extensive research behind each of the premium nutrient forms we use. Our products are simple, effective, and backed by science. Our mission is simple: to empower people to feel their best by turning healthy habits into a ritual. We have built a team of curious skeptics, world-class scientists, unconventional artists, expert marketers and analytical strategists that are on a mission to reinvent an entire industry. We’re well-funded, growing quickly, and committed to our mission. If you’re a team player who refuses to settle for the status quo, we want you. Welcome to your new daily Ritual.
Ritual is based in sunny Los Angeles, but will be working remotely until the global health situation improves.
Essential We’re hiring a Engineering Manager to join our small and fast growing team of engineers to guide the team in designing and building solutions that scale. In this role, you’ll support the team in leading fellow engineers in developing opportunities that help the business grow on our site, and in partnership with our growth marketing and digital product teams. We believe that great digital experiences are an important part of any company’s success, and we think you’ll agree. As a subscription service, we help our customers better invest in the products they’ve subscribed to, by reinforcing the habits that help them in their long-term mission. You’ll be a part of a strong digital product team of designers, product managers, and data analysts to continuously add to and improve our customers’ experiences online.
What You’ll Do
- Lead the system design, architecture, and execution of projects, in collaboration with Engineering and Product leadership.
- Document the strategy and technical implementation, as well as the dependencies and prioritization that support team initiatives.
- Establish engineering processes, define company engineering standards, identify and implement core technologies, and remove technical hurdles.
- Build solutions for appropriate scalability. You see the value in following convention when possible, and understand how the basics can scale.
- Drive forward opportunities that help potential customers understand the value in our brand mission and products, through rapid iteration and split testing, while creating experiences that inform and delight.
- Our homepage (marketing pages) use React, Gatsby, GraphQL, and Contentful.
- Our checkout + account experiences use EmberJS.
- Our back-end is a Rails API that handles everything from account creation and payments, all the way through to fulfillment.
- See more here: https://stackshare.io/ritual-com/ritual
Who You Are
- Passionate. You love building experiences for people on the web, helping them get to the things they need, while delighting them wherever they may be.
- Detail-Oriented. You take pride in your work, and look for opportunities to iterate and make it better.
- Problem Solver. You prioritize a simple solution over a complex one, leaning on the tools available to make your job easier, while ensuring solid test coverage backs up the decisions you’ve made.
- Analytical. You believe that great data enables you and others to make better decisions.
- Cross-Functional. You can dive deep and have complex technical conversations with your engineering team, nerd out over design decisions, and then turn around and explain those same conversations to non-technical teams.
- A Leader. You have experience in leading, managing, coaching, and mentoring other engineers toward delivering timely, high-quality software together.
What You Need
- Education: BS in Computer Science or other engineering/technical field preferred. Equivalent experience also accepted.
- Experience: 5+ years of developing clean, scalable and efficient web apps in a fast-paced environment, 2-3+ years in a senior capacity or leading small teams/projects.
- Industry Experience: Proven experience leading engineers for a brand’s eCommerce team in a growth phase.
- A demonstrated eye for design, as well as the ability to identify and solve real-world user problems.
- An understanding of troubleshooting issues that may arise, and planning for scale.
- Interest in learning additional skills/technologies as we continue to scale our platform and suite of tools.
Why Ritual? Since launching in October 2016, Ritual has grown to be a cultural revolution in the health industry. We’re not about pseudoscience, half-truths or health fads. We are simple, effective, and backed by real science. We have some pretty great benefits & perks related to our office environment, however they have been limited due to the global health situation. See below for our adjusted available perks until we can get back into the office together!
- Equity participation
- 401k Match – Up to 4%
- WFH assistance: $300 total per Ritual employee to help contribute toward remote work costs
- Free Ritual products!
- Unlimited PTO – 10 days minimum to keep you fresh
- Bi-Annual Performance Reviews
- “Ritual First Fridays” – Entire company takes off the first Friday of each month
- 3 months paid maternity/paternity leave and we cover health insurance during any additional time taken under protected baby bonding time off
- Childcare assistance: $200 per eligible Ritual employee (childcare providers) per month
- Periodic private workouts with trainers on Zoom
Ritual is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We are committed to bringing together humans from different backgrounds and perspectives, providing employees with a safe and welcoming work environment free of discrimination and harassment. We strive to create a diverse & inclusive environment where everyone can thrive, feel a sense of belonging, and do impactful work together.