At Personio we are on the amazing journey of becoming the leading HR platform in Europe. Our mission is to make organisations more efficient and save HR managers time so they can focus on their people and the tasks in HR that truly add value.
The real story for us begins by impacting people on a global scale every day. By simplifying and automating thousands of processes across human resource management, payroll and recruiting, we are impacting more than 200.000 people.
And we’ve only just begun. The scale of the opportunity ahead of us is massive, and as the engineering team behind this innovation we are growing fast, which means the scope for growth and impact is enormous.
We are looking for an Engineering Manager who can help us push the boundaries of growth and innovation in a fast-paced environment, while leading one of our mission-based teams. You’ll not just get the opportunity to build high-performing interdisciplinary teams, but as a leader get the opportunity to impact engineering, operational and management excellence within the entire department.
What you will focus on:
- High-performing teams: Build driven and high-performing teams by focusing on development of the engineers.
- Maximising impact: Collaborate closely with your partners in product and design to define and execute on the most impactful initiatives.
- Architecture: Work closely with your team to provide feedback on architecture and approach. Enable your team to deliver scalable, maintainable, secure and performant products.
- Engineering culture: Build and influence a culture of ownership, autonomy and inclusivity, not just within your team but the whole department.
- Technical excellence: Leverage your technical skills to build engineering excellence within your team that promotes and implements engineering best practices.
What you will get:
- Autonomy: You’ll have the freedom to not just build a vision but to make it a reality.
- Transparency: We’re very transparent about the decisions we make and the motivations behind them.
- Feedback: We firmly believe in learning from each other, for which we embrace the principle of giving and receiving feedback.
- Opportunity: You have the opportunity to directly contribute to the department, and not just your team, by being involved in processes like recruiting, performance and development, on-boarding and much more.
- Diversity: The best workplaces are diverse and we celebrate that diversity in all aspects.
- Flexibility: There is no one size fits all, so we do our best to understand and be flexible towards what makes you the most effective.
WHAT YOU NEED TO SUCCEED
- Over 3 years of hands-on people management experience. You’ve managed and grown high-performing teams by focusing on the engineers.
- Over 5 years of software engineering experience building and designing scalable distributed systems.
- You have a proven track record building teams that focus on impact, technical excellence and transparency.
- You have an ability to to lead and make decisions to push forward. You’re comfortable owning even the most ambiguous problems and defining the road ahead.
- You are data driven in your decision making.
- You lead from the front and are ready to roll up your sleeves to help your team in any way.
- You have a passion for building reliable systems and have experience with microservices architecture.
- You have excellent communication skills. Within the team and across the organisation you can communicate transparently and effectively.
- You have excellent English language skills (level C1/C2), German is a plus.
- You’re willing to relocate to Munich.
- Market-proven, well-funded and fast-growing company ($130M funding acquired to date)
- As you are joining Personio at such an early stage, this shows us your trust and confidence in us. We would like you to profit from the success of the company, and therefore, we offer you a competitive compensation package (salary, benefits and virtual shares)
- Your chance to play a decisive role in shaping Personio and have a direct impact on the daily work of hundreds of thousands of users
- 1.500 EUR of development budget per year for attending conferences, courses, buying books
- MacBook Pro and gadgets, including BOSE headsets with noise cancellation
- 28 paid vacation days, opportunity to work from home on a regular basis, and flexible working hours
- Choose between three mobility options: Unu electric scooter as “company car”, a JobRad® or an additional payment for a yearly public transportation ticket
- Subsidized Qualitrain membership: For 25 euros a month you can train in 90 fitness and yoga studios, swimming pools and many other sports facilities in Munich
- Relocation and visa support through an expert agency to Munich, Germany
- Weekly German language courses
- Regular team and company events (e.g. Oktoberfest in Munich and skiing trip to Austria)