Imagine being part of a nimble team where your ideas and input have the potential to impact millions of lives. IRL aims to make an impact on collective loneliness by bringing people together in real/remote life. Our goal is to help our users engage more with friends in-person to boost their overall happiness, encourage curiosity and make the task of organizing hang outs a breeze.
Our team is focused on building an event social network. We’re looking for self-motivated engineers who have a passion for building high-quality consumer-facing applications.
*COVID-19 Note: While we still ultimately retain our goal of facilitating people spending more time together in person, due to COVID-19 we have shifted our focus to online events and successfully raised a Series B round (https://techcrunch.com/2020/09…) and are currently in the midst of raising a considerably sized series C (https://www.theinformation.com…)
• Ambitious. You are eager to build a first-class Android experience. You thrive in a fast-moving, dynamic, results-oriented environment and aim high.
• Execution driven. You love running a well-planned sprint, delivering high-quality features with your team, and tuning the processes you work in. Delivering a well-built release on time is one of your top priorities.
• Passionate. You are passionate about IRL’s mission and you love the Android platform as much as we do.
• A team player. You enjoy working with cross-functionally across the organization and in a collaborative work environment. You communicate clearly & openly and can arrive at great solutions with your team-mates amidst different priorities.
• Lead the fully remote Android team at IRL in building a first-class mobile experience
• Be hands-on involved in building new & innovative features and drive technological advancements in IRL’s Android experience
• Hire & manage a team of highly skilled Android Engineers
• Advise the Product & Design team on best practices on the Android platform & ecosystem
• Work closely with the whole Engineering team to improve on existing processes & continuously evolve our techstack
We’re looking for someone who has:
• 6+ years of experience in building native production Android applications, preferably in Kotlin recently
• 1+ years of experience managing high-performing mobile engineering teams
• Passion for developing scalable, well-designed software that adapts as it grows
• Excellent communication, planning & collaboration skills
Flexible working hours
Work from anywhere in the world
Competitive healthcare benefits package
Stipends for work related
Annual all expense paid work retreats (i.e. Hawaii)
Unlimited Vacation, Annual Travel Stipend, and 10 Paid Holidays
Get Together Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, and disability, or other legally protected status.