We at Volocopter are pioneers in the development of electrical air taxis that take off and land vertically (eVTOLs). We bring Urban Air Mobility to life, by establishing air taxis in addition to current transportation options in megacities globally. Our aim is to offer affordable on-demand air taxi services and save people time by flying them safely to their destination. In 2011 we performed the first-ever piloted flight of a purely electrical multicopter and have since showcased numerous public flights with our full-scale Volocopter (www.volocopter.com).
As Embedded Software Engineer you will develop software that runs on a real urban air mobility solution – the Volocopter. You will design and implement safe software that matters for people all over the world, software that will literally take off in front of you.
- You are a software engineer experienced in the development of real-time embedded software applications and are also familiar with developing distributed embedded solutions.
- Within a multi-disciplinary team, you develop the embedded software for the Volocopter onboard systems, including flight control sub-systems, networking protocols, health monitoring and cockpit systems.
- Degree in Computer Science, Mathematics, Physics or similar
- Minimum 3 years of experience in the development of real-time embedded software
- Track record of successfully completed software projects
- Excellent software development skills in the C language
- Experience with RTOS, software configuration management tools, continuous integration, test coverage
- Experience with digital communication bus standards (e.g. SPI, I²C, UART, etc.)
- Experience in distributed systems development is preferred
- A structured way of working, high sense of reliability and accountability