As part of the Technology Evolution Team at Olo, you’ll work on transformative cross-cutting projects sponsored by our CTO, with a large focus on scaling our e-commerce platform to 10x and beyond. You’ll be part of a small team that collaborates closely with product engineering teams to ensure that our systems can scale predictably and reliably, as well as ushering in changes to our technology stack. This is a hands-on role where you will collaborate on designs as well as contribute to the implementation.
What We’ll Expect From You
- Designing and implementing reliable, but simple solutions to complex problems at scale.
- Demonstrating broad knowledge of software engineering concepts.
- Supporting the design and development of scalable high-volume distributed systems.
- Researching and proposing new technologies to apply effectively.
- Exhibiting good judgment, seeking out diverse perspectives, and challenging business and technical assumptions.
- Providing constructive criticism in a way that builds the team’s bench strength.
- Consistently delivering against commitments.
- Improving Olo’s scaling capabilities.
We’ll expect you to have experience with:
- Implementing large scale 24/7 transactional systems
- Sharding of relational databases at the application layer
- Distributed SOA/microservice architectures
- Building resilient, fault-tolerant systems.
- Event-driven systems
Nice to Have Experience
- SQL Server
- C# and F# .NET
- Working with sensitive data (de-identification, data retention, etc.)
What’s Important to Olo
- Our families come first. We know they make us who we are and they are who we live and work for every day.
- Olo is our extended family. We’re in this together, fighting for one another. We’re happy to be here. We will not let one another down.
- We learn from and fight through setbacks. We recognize and help one another with direct feedback.
- We care about you. We offer 20 days of paid time off, fully paid health, dental and vision care premiums, stock options, a generous parental leave plan.
- We value diversity. At Olo, we know a diverse and inclusive team not only makes our products better, but our workplace better. Many groups are consistently underrepresented across the tech sector and we are fully committed to doing our part to move the needle.
- Learn more about our culture, values, and mission. https://www.olo.com/images/culture.jpg.
Olo is committed to the well-being of candidates, employees and our community. The Olo NYC Headquarters will be closed for the foreseeable future because of the global outbreak of COVID-19. While an in-person interview is typical for many roles at Olo, we will conduct interviews via video conferencing while our HQ is closed. Olo benefits from the fact that over half of our workforce is remote, therefore we are accustomed to conducting interviews via video conferencing and we anticipate no impact on our recruiting timelines. We encourage candidates to share any concerns or questions with Olo’s recruiting team.