Director, Supplier Inclusion
Robert Half is seeking a Director, Supplier Inclusion and is responsible for leading the supplier diversity/inclusion function. The position requires internal interaction with executives, sales leadership, strategic accounts and client contracts, and the procurement function. This position oversees outreach activities with suppliers/service providers that meet diverse and small business classifications, interacting externally with diverse business organizations, committees, and diverse businesses to assess sourcing opportunity and provide development assistance. This position develops the functional plan for the function and provides operational oversight for the team.
Specific responsibilities include:
- External Relations
- Identifies, partners and forges relationships with key external diverse suppliers and organizations to enhance the program and company brand.
- Participates as a member of at least one relevant organizational committees
- May serve and represent the company as director on boards for relevant organizations.
- May provide guidance and mentoring to prospective diverse suppliers or prime suppliers for guidance on program implementation.
- Represent Robert Half at trade show events, related outreach activities or client sponsored events.
- Contract & Regulatory Compliance
- Partner with VP and legal to prepare annual subcontract plan.
- Partner with procurement to review and make recommendations for second tier contract language requirements.
- Interpret and provide guidance on client contracts and/or RFP requests from legal or sales teams with supplier diversity commitments or reporting requirements.
- Ensure compliance with client contract reporting requirements, with oversight of quarterly 2nd tier reporting activities.
- Supplier Diversity & Inclusion Program Leadership
- Oversee or perform the design, development, implementation, and ongoing performance of enterprise-level programs/initiatives that advance the inclusion and development of diverse suppliers.
- Establishes functional goals and budgets and recommends annual program targets.
- Provide guidance and recommendations to executive advisory committee on appropriate event attendance and sponsorship opportunities.
- Communicates program internally and externally using websites, brochures, talking points, etc.
- Provides quarterly updates to executive advisory committee, communicating ongoing strategy, performance, successes, and risks.
- Has knowledge of and applies best practices in diversity and inclusion practices, strategies, systems, and policies.
- Understands applicable laws, regulations and government requirements and impact to the business.
- Reporting & Program Performance
- Define metrics for success and oversee reporting, including performance against goals.
- Evaluate expenditure reports to understand trends, forecast performance and provide guidance on the program.
- Understands and communicates how supplier inclusion contributes to core business strategy and results.
- Talent Management
- Manage employees within the supplier inclusion function.
- Deliver performance reviews and coaching, develop career and training plans, manage employee relations issues, interview, and hire.
- Manage employee time-off requests, ensure workload coverage and management within the team.
- Develop and manage adherence to procedures.
- Bachelor’s Degree required or equivalent experience (4 years)
- Minimum 5 years in Supplier Diversity or Procurement function. Minimum 3 years’ experience in supplier diversity program development or management.
- Microsoft Office proficiency/Database reporting. Experience in Accounts Payable or Procurement systems (Peoplesoft etc). Experience with Access preferred but not required.
- ISM’s Certified Professional in Supplier Diversity or Certified Professional in Supply Management preferred but not required
- Highly organized, detail oriented, good communication skills, ability to research and analyze complex data. Ability to translate analysis into presentation format. Must be able to work independently with minimal supervision.
At Robert Half, there’s more to us than what we do. Learn about our values and what it’s like to work for the largest specialized staffing firm in the world at our San Ramon, California, Corporate Services office. Take a look at [ Link Removed ] .
Follow us on Twitter @RH_Corp_Jobs for Robert Half Corporate Services job openings and career and workplace news!
Robert Half International Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. M/F/Disability/Veteran
As part of Robert Half’s Corporate Services facility employment process, any offer of employment is contingent upon successful completion of a background check.
Robert Half is committed to being an equal employment employer offering opportunities to all job seekers, including individuals with disabilities. If you believe you need a reasonable accommodation in order to search for a job opening or to apply for a position, please contact us by sending an email to [ Link Removed ] for assistance.
In your email please include the following:
- The specific accommodation requested to complete the employment application.
- The location(s) (city, state) to which you would like to apply.
You may apply for this position by email or regular mail. Please send your cover letter and resume to:
[ Link Removed ]
2613 Camino Ramon
San Ramon, CA [ Phone number blocked ]
CA SAN RAMON CORP