The Director of Software Engineering for commercial cash management and liquidity for will lead an engineering operation that encompasses a wide-range of products and initiatives. The position will entail the management and performance of a team of inquisitive technologists, as well as the completion of strategic mission-driven goals. As Director, you will be a key contributor and leader in the space of technological innovation and improvement.
The Director of Software Engineering will be responsible for:
- Offering leadership to a team of highly-motivated technologists, ensuring teams have appropriate guidance, technical specifications and resources to deliver quality solutions while maintaining an ambitious timeline.
- Building and continuously improving a process infrastructure of tools and guidelines for software development and enhancement projects.
- Collaborating with architects, product managers and other technical or non-technical stakeholders to define design approaches that are aligned with the customer-centric product vision.
- Coordinating with peers within the organization to ensure seamless integration of functional workflows.
- Maintaining and implementing waterfall and agile design methodology, encouraging a team-wide culture of productivity and accountability.
- Employing a risk-based management approach to cyber security, evaluating and limiting vulnerabilities during the design process through industry best practices.
- 12+ years of hands-on software development experience with a proven record of successfully developing consumer-facing, reliable and scalable products
- 10+ years of relevant managerial experience, managing teams of technologists and engineers
- Excellent understanding of engineering software processes, methodologies (agile, waterfall, SCRUM and life-cycle), configuration management, release management and systems verification and test
- AWS/AZURE/GCP experience, including managing sensitive assets
- Bash and Linux experience
- Experience with CICD pipeline (CircleCI, Jenkins, or equivalent)
- Strong communication (both oral and written) and interpersonal skills
- 10+ years of experience in the financial services industry, developing solutions for banking, portfolio management, trading, compliance or wealth management
- Understanding of banking system and custodial and consumer banking operations
- Comfortable navigating large corporate structure to ensure timely delivery of projects
- Comfortable making and owning difficult decisions
Education and Certifications
- Required: Bachelor’s degree in Software Engineering, Computer Science, Engineering, Mathematics or related discipline
- Preferred: Master’s degree in Software Engineering, Computer Science or related discipline
Hours M-F 8-5
Why Work for Us
At Citizens, you’ll find a customer-centric culture built around helping our customers and giving back to our local communities. When you join our team, you are part of a supportive and collaborative workforce, with access to training and tools to accelerate your potential and maximize your career growth.
Equal Employment Opportunity
It is the policy of Citizens to provide equal employment and advancement opportunities to all colleagues and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, ethnicity, religion, gender, pregnancy/childbirth, colleague or a dependent’s reproductive health decision making, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability or perceived disability, genetic information, genetic characteristic, citizenship, veteran or military status, marital or domestic partner status, family status/parenthood, victim of domestic violence, or any other category protected by federal, state and/or local laws.
Equal Employment and Opportunity Employer/Disabled/Veteran
Citizens is a brand name of Citizens Bank, N.A. and each of its respective affiliates.