About Product Labs:
We acquire and grow Amazon eCommerce brands. As a technology driven consumer products company backed by leading private equity investors and founded by an experienced team of executives with deep domain expertise, we are perfectly positioned for long term success. To date, we’ve managed 10s of thousands of products and millions in sales revenue on Amazon in more than 40 countries around the world. We use our specialized knowledge of Amazon, advanced analytics, and our proprietary software to drive proven results for businesses.
At Product Labs we are relentless in our customer-first approach. Our team is centered on improvement and growth every day with a goal to deliver impactful/innovative solutions to our customers. Through a highly committed, action- oriented team, we move fast AND we think big. Excited? Keep reading! As the Director Software Development, you will lead development of our next generation software platform used to manage, optimize, and grow brands across sales channels throughout the world. You will grow and manage a team of existing resources to form an organization capable of rapidly solving exciting and complex problems. You will work closely with teams across Product Management, Business Operations, Finance, and Marketing to ensure timely delivery of features that directly impact company goals.
Build, inspire, and grow a team of onsite and off/near shore software developers. Partner with key stakeholders across organizations to build a strategy and vision for ways to utilize software to increase operational efficiency, drive task automation, and ultimately drive growth. Set engineering vision and direction for software, building consensus across multiple teams and organizations, and driving execution of complex projects with multiple milestones and stakeholders. Collaborate closely with Product Management to create, drive, and deliver an innovative, compelling, and user-friendly experience to our rapidly growing team.
- 5+ years of experience using Linux, Apache, MySQL, and PHP (LAMP) to build SaaS applications
- Experience with scalable cloud-based architecture on Amazon Web Services (AWS), Microsoft Azure, Google Cloud Platform (GCP), or equivalent
- Experience architecting and scaling databases for real-time analytically intensive applications
- Experience building and managing nearshore, offshore, and onsite development teams, simultaneously
- Knowledge of major eCommerce platforms (e.g. Amazon, Shopify, eBay, Walmart, etc.) and associated Application Programming Interfaces (APIs)
- Knowledge of Machine Learning (ML)/Artificial Intelligence (AI) APIs, toolkits, services for applications in forecasting, predictive analytics, and task automation
- Knowledge of Laravel and Lumen frameworks
- BONUS points if you have cool hobbies & pets
- Bachelor’s Degree or Master’s Degree in Computer Science or Equivalent Practical Experience
- 5+ Years of Software Development Leadership or Related Experience with Technical and Organizational Leadership
- Experience Building, Developing, and Managing Teams from the Ground Up
Product Labs is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, pregnancy, disability, age, veteran status, or other characteristics. Product Labs is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.