ProQuest – Who we are…ProQuest – Who we are…
The ProQuest Mission: Better research. Better learning, Better insights.
What if you came to work each day ready to revolutionize the future of research, teaching and learning? That’s how it feels to be a ProQuest employee. Whatever your chosen career path, you have an important role in helping ProQuest build the resources that empower librarians, faculty and students to create extraordinary outcomes. Software Engineer
DevOps Engineer (Ebook Central)
What will I be doing?
The DevOps Engineer is responsible for configuration management and deployment of platforms, as well as driving the transition to a fully cloud-based platform.
In this position, you will also…
• Interacts with the lead software development organization on a day-to-day basis by gathering and organizing build requirements, providing status, and ensuring that the stakeholders are informed and satisfied with the end product.
• Builds and maintains different software environments.
• Builds and maintains source control systems.
• Deploys ProQuest products and maintains build infrastructure.
• Creates tools to support the development organization.
• Executes on multiple projects at one time, balancing numerous needs, yet still delivering on time.
• Oversees applications and systems of a complex nature.
• Creates and edits cookbooks for Chef.
• Creates and edits auto-scaling strategies.
• Maintains automated tooling code in Ruby and/or Python.
• Maintains Continuous Integration platform for our infrastructure code.
Reasons you should apply…
1. You have AWS experience (CloudFormation for infrastructure deployment/modification), CloudWatch (for monitoring/alerting/dashboards)!
2. You have application build management experience with Jenkins!
3. You want to work in a purpose driven organization!
This job may not be a fit if…
1. You don’t have any experience working with Linux server administration.
2. You do your best work as a solo artist; the rest of the group just slows you down.
Qualified Candidates must have…
• Bachelors’ degree or higher in Computer Engineering or Computer Science, plus 5 or more years’ software development experience, or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
• Experience with AWS (CloudFormation for infrastructure deployment/modification), CloudWatch (for monitoring/alerting/dashboards).
• Application build management experience with Jenkins.
• Understanding and ability to apply several programming/scripting languages.
• Ability to work with software configuration management systems.
• Level-appropriate experience with: Servers/computer hardware and software; DNS, including diagnostics with Unix tools; Understanding of networks and common protocols; Linux, Unix, Windows.
• Strong verbal and written communication skills.
• Strong interpersonal skills, with ability to professionally interact with a diverse blend of personalities to reach resolution and maintain strong relationships.
• Capable of working independently and as part of a team.
• Excellent researching and problem-solving skills.
• Ability to work on multiple projects at the same time.
• Ability to work with standard office tools.
• Ability to support systems after hours or on weekends.
Superstar Candidates will ALSO have…
• Knowledgeable in Chef, Puppet, Ansible, Saltstack.
• Working Knowledge of Continuous Integration and Continuous Deployment methodologies with Jenkins or similar.
• Auto scaling knowledge.
• Advanced knowledge in monitoring and performance statistical analysis.
• Proficiency in development supporting tools such as various VCS (Git, SVN, etc.).
More to love about becoming a PQ employee!
• Forbes Ranks ProQuest among 2018 America’s Best Mid-Size Employers
• We offer professional development opportunities with a significant focus on learning
• We hold fun on-site events
• Our employee population is smart and highly collaborative
• We have a relaxed dress code… yes, that means blue jeans (and not just on Fridays!)
• All of our employees have access to ProQuest research products including e-books, genealogy and academic journals
At ProQuest, we embrace the power of our people and value our differences — in thought, style, sexual orientation, gender identity, culture, ethnicity, and experience — recognizing that our diversity makes us a stronger company. Encouraging a diverse, inclusive workplace gives us the business advantage of understanding and meeting the needs of our diverse customers, clients, and communities.
Other important information about this position:
• This position can be remote or based in our office located in Ann Arbor, MI (once we return to our offices), with some scheduling flexibility.
• Every position requires certain physical capabilities. ProQuest/PQ seeks to make reasonable accommodations that enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential duties when possible.
At ProQuest, we work hard and have fun doing it. If you are a passionate technologist with a drive for success, please consider joining our talented team!
The preceding job description is not intended to describe in detail the multitude of tasks that may be assigned, but rather to provide a general overview of the expectations and responsibilities of this position. As the nature of business demands change, so may the functions of this position. Additional duties and responsibilities may be assigned.