Requisition ID: 279235
Work Area: Software-Design and Development
Expected Travel: 0 – 10%
Career Status: Professional
Employment Type: Regular Full Time
SAP started in 1972 as a team of five colleagues with a desire to do something new. Together, they changed enterprise software and reinvented how business was done. Today, as a market leader in enterprise application software, we remain true to our roots. That’s why we engineer solutions to fuel innovation, foster equality and spread opportunity for our employees and customers across borders and cultures.
SAP values the entrepreneurial spirit, fostering creativity and building lasting relationships with our employees. We know that a diverse and inclusive workforce keeps us competitive and provides opportunities for all. We believe that together we can transform industries, grow economics, lift up societies and sustain our environment. Because it’s the best-run businesses that make the world run better and improve people’s lives.
SAP Ariba is looking for a hands-on development architect with a passion for growth in the increasingly important field of security engineering. This position focuses on security and security engineering as it applies to the Ariba OnDemand platform, its software stack, and the underlying infrastructure. The individual should have a passion for security principles, architecture, have strong software development experience using java-based technologies and components, have knowledge of web servers and secure infrastructure, and have the ability to understand complex legacy systems and adapt them to modern technologies and principals. As a development architect you are responsible for collaborating with other architects and technical leaders on overall technology direction. You will additionally have responsibilities in developing products that are compliant with the architecture that you define. You will have ownership of solution designs, implementations, testing, and delivery with high quality.
You will ensure that the product architecture is aligned and consistent, part of a product or a specific architecture subject (e.g. integration, software lifecycle).
- Evaluates architecture risks and estimates effort for business case or backlog item, prepares management decisions on these topics.
- Designs and implements software framework, typically related to infrastructure or architecture.
- Translates business and product requirements into technical requirements, models and software architecture.
- Collects and documents requirements and constraints with high impact on the architecture as basis for architectural decisions.
- Is responsible for defining the product’s architecture together with implementation team(s), drives alignment of architecture concepts and ensures documentation in architecture concept document(s).
- Identifies opportunities for reuse of architecture concepts or software parts and cross-team synergies.
- Aligns architecture with stakeholders regarding architectural or technical dependencies.
- Supports and advices product owner by ensuring technical and architectural feasibility, readiness, and compliance.
- Is responsible for setting up collaboration with the developers/architects of the product team/implementation team(s) and contributes to all tasks of implementation team/product team.
- Coaches and advises implementation team(s) on all aspects which have impact on the architecture, reviews design documents of implementation teams regarding compliance with ACD and relevant product line guideline.
- Monitors implementation of the architecture concepts together with implementation team.
- Proposes improvements and innovations for implementing a product but also in development processes and methodologies.
- Masters Degree in Computer Science or a Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science with 10+ years professional experience in Software Development
- Expert in Java software development, micro services
- Ability to work in an agile development environment and capable of working effectively in cross-cultural global teams
- Excellent writing, communication, and presentation skills
- Strong analytical skills, results-oriented, customer-oriented attitude, good strategic and conceptual thinking skills
- Ability to present complex information in a clear and appealing manner
- Experience in cloud-based SaaS applications
- Experience with 3rd party security tools such as Vault, Consul, and Cloud HSMs is a plus
- Previous experience working in a security related software development effort is a plus
About SAP Ariba:
SAP Ariba is the world’s business commerce network. We help companies extend their business commerce processes into the Cloud, where they can use our Procurement solutions and the Ariba Network to find opportunities to cut costs, reduce risk, and grow revenue through better collaboration with trading partners. The Ariba Network is the world’s largest trading partner community with more than $3.75 trillion of commerce flowing through and more than 5.3 million businesses in 190 countries around the world.
WHAT YOU GET FROM US
Success is what you make it. At SAP, we help you make it your own. A career at SAP can open many doors for you. If you’re searching for a company that’s dedicated to your ideas and individual growth, recognizes you for your unique contributions, fills you with a strong sense of purpose, and provides a fun, flexible and inclusive work environment – apply now.
SAP’S DIVERSITY COMMITMENT
To harness the power of innovation, SAP invests in the development of its diverse employees. We aspire to leverage the qualities and appreciate the unique competencies that each person brings to the company.
SAP is committed to the principles of Equal Employment Opportunity and to providing reasonable accommodations to applicants with physical and/or mental disabilities. If you are in need of accommodation or special assistance to navigate our website or to complete your application, please send an e-mail with your request to Recruiting Operations Team (Americas: Careers.NorthAmerica@sap.com or Careers.LatinAmerica@sap.com, APJ: Careers.APJ@sap.com, EMEA: Careers@sap.com).
Successful candidates might be required to undergo a background verification with an external vendor.