Summary: Exciting and rewarding data scientist role to further cutting edge research and product development at Genetesis. This role will necessitate the translation of research ideas and clinical data into analyses, reports, and models for production use. Will work on one or more projects relating to Genetesis devices at an innovative and growing company. Will work in a passionate, fast paced, and rewarding company with expectations to deliver quality work in a timely manner.
Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Support development of the CardioFlux Magnetocardiograph through multiple research projects
- Design, plan, and perform data analyses
- Develop predictive models from proof of concept to production readiness
- Organize, evaluate for quality, clean, and process large clinical data sets
- Create technical reports and visualizations to communicate research results
- Communicate verbally and in writing progress and conclusions to stakeholders
- Develop novel solutions to technical problems using the latest research, statistical techniques, and computational methods
- Work cross functionally with our regulatory, quality, engineering, and clinical/product teams
- Work collaboratively in a small team environment
- Some travel to off-site locations as required
Experience and Skills:
Note: We’ve listed the technologies we commonly use at Genetesis. We don’t expect you to know of all of these and encourage you to apply if you have similar skills from other languages (R, Matlab, Python 2, etc.) and libraries.
- 1+ years professional experience in data science
- Bachelor’s Degree in Statistics, Mathematics, Computer Science, Physics, Data Science, Engineering, or a related field
- Fluent knowledge of statistical, mathematical, and analytical methods
- Experience with data preparation, validation, and conversion
- Knowledge of scripting languages like Python 3
- Analysis libraries like pandas, numpy, or scipy
- Machine learning libraries like scikit-learn or pytorch
- Visualization withmatplotlib and plotly
- Querying data from AWS S3 and Dynamo DB
- Understandingof Jupyter notebooks and git
- Ability to use an operating system like Linux, Windows, or Mac.
- Strong organization, time management, communication, and strategic thinking skills
Emmanuel Setegn, Chief Technology Officer
Genetesis is a medical device company developing a biomagnetic imaging platform with a primary application in chest pain triage for cardiac ischemia. The imaging solution removes all the uncertainty, cost and lengthy waiting times associated with modern chest pain diagnostic tools physicians face in diagnosing and characterizing heart disease. The device provides an accurate, fast, radiation-free, and completely noninvasive method to determine the presence and location of coronary artery disease by recording, visualizing, and analyzing the heart’s naturally emitted magnetic fields.
Reasoning and Language Ability:
Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions. Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables. Ability to apply mathematical operations to such tasks as frequency distribution, determination of test reliability and validity, analysis. Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations. Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally exposed to work near moving mechanical parts; fumes or airborne particles; toxic or caustic chemicals; outdoor weather conditions; risk of electrical shock; work with explosives and vibration. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 30 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include ability to adjust focus. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit; use hands and reach with hands and arms. The employee is frequently required to talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to stand and walk. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.