Beatrust is looking for a Data Scientist who will be responsible for analyzing the user data generated on Beatrust products.
The Data Scientist’s responsibility is to understand user behavior and verify the service value by analyzing data accumulated in Beatrust products. He or she will commit to planning and executing measures to provide value to customers in collaboration with the Product Manager and Account Manager.
The company currently has several trial projects running with enterprises of more than 1,000 employees and is at a phase of actively moving the business forward. As the number of customers is significantly increasing, the need to understand customer behavior through data analysis is growing rapidly.
As we are also developing new features to better facilitate user behavior, that the quality and quantity of the data being accumulated will be transformed. As a Data Scientist, you will search for measures and environments that enable people to collaborate better using background data such as profile information, skills, experiences, and affiliations accumulated in Beatrust products.
What you’ll be doing
- Analyze data accumulated in Beatrust and plan processes
- Design analysis logs
- Construct and manage analysis infrastructure
- Build and implement methods to verify functional values (A/B testing, etc.)
- 3 years+ experience in data analysis
- Familiar with SQL-based DBs (MySQL/PostgreSQL/BigQuery)
- Experienced in data analysis and programming in Python
- Knowledgeable of statistics and hypothesis testing
- Has basic knowledge of cloud environments (GCP/AWS/Azure)
- Understands Japanese (data will be in Japanese)
- Understands English (some data will be of English-speaking users, communication with English-speaking members in Beatrust will occur)
- Experience in leading and managing a data analysis team
- Experience in analyzing data related to human behavior and attributes
- Data analysis using R
- Knowledge of machine learning, natural language processing, information retrieval, and mathematical optimization
- Submit papers to data science conferences
- Knowledge of front-end development and system infrastructure
- Knowledge of project management
- Contribution to renowned open source projects
- Experience in Kaggle as a solo master or above
- Conversational level Japanese at minimum (all nationalities are welcome)
- Business level English or higher
The Ideal Candidate
The ideal candidate should love technology, have an appropriate understanding of the requirements, and be able to produce results in a sprint. As our products undergo rapid growth, you must also be able to keep your eyes open for new technologies and be a flexible decision-maker. In addition, as we will be focusing on introducing our products to large Japanese companies in the current phase, knowledge of business practices will further expand the scope of your activities.