Come work on engineering problems at scale that benefit all of our lives!! PayIt’s platform has helped over 80 million US citizens. We make things like paying a parking ticket, getting a driver’s license renewed, or paying property taxes quick, mobile, and efficient.
We’re coming off of another record year! We’re a funded company, in scale-up mode, and our growth is fueling our hiring. We expect to do a lot of hiring this year.
We are currently hiring Data Engineers for our Data and Analytics Team.
Our tech stack is cutting-edge and cloud-native. We use modern languages, leverage functional programming, and build REST-based microservices on top of SQL and NoSQL databases. Our services run in docker containers and are orchestrated by Kubernetes. In fact, we were an early Kubernetes adopted and got a shout-out at the keynote of KubeCon 2020 for our K8’s journey.
We work at the intersection of GovTech of FinTech by providing a modern tech experience for the everyday citizen. If you are interested in solving problems around observability, scalability, performance, security, modularity, configurability, and/or accessibility while working with large cloud-based data sets, come change the future of Government Technology with PayIt.
The Data Engineering Team ensures that our business and clients have access to high-quality, accurate data via multiple channels (reporting, data visualization tools, data warehouse, BI tools, analytics, etc).
Why Join Our Team:
We were one of the first Kubernetes clusters in the midwest and have always worked on the edge of innovation. We even received a shoutout at KuberCon 2020 for our K8’s and K9’s journey. Our platform is award-winning. And the problems that we solve for impact all of our lives.
Note: We are a cloud-native platform that currently lives in AWS.
What You’ll Need for this Role (Job Requirements):
- Expertise in Python
- Experience deploying software to public cloud infrastructure – AWS (preferred), GCP, Azure
- Experience with RDBMS, NoSQL and Cloud data storage technologies – DocumentDB, MongoDB and Postgres experience preferred
- Strong SQL experience and proven experiences with handling large volumes of data
- Experience with building ETL solutions and transforming data between different types of sources
- Experience building solutions for analytical reporting and business intelligence
- Experience building or working on reconciliation systems that compare data from multiple sources for verification.
Bonus Points For:
- Experience working with large-scale distributed systems, developing real time payments systems, and/or working with financial, accounting, or payments systems
- Experience working with data lakes and/or data warehouses
- Knowledge of microservices architectures
- Experience developing software professionally following agile methodologies (e.g., Scrum, Kanban)
- Experience with a data visualization tool such as Quicksight, Tableau or Lookr
Note: We can not provide sponsorship at this time. We do hope to be able to in the future.