As a Data Engineer, you will apply your skills at the forefront of data processing, using cutting edge tools and technologies to help us scale up our fault detection analysis to many thousands of sensors. Your key responsibility is to build core infrastructure that supports running Machine Learning models that do near real-time prediction.
You will be part of the software engineering team, but will be working on a daily basis with both data scientists and software engineers. Some of your daily tasks may include:
- Support and improve data science pipelines
- Work closely with the Data Science and Analyst teams to build the best infrastructure for their needs
- Build CI/CD infrastructure for our data architecture components that includes code linting, tests, monitoring and deployment
- Debug core performance problems around databases, data pipelines efficiency and code complexity in both production & research environment
You will be monitoring the data flow, databases and other systems related to our data science pipeline, where you are again focused on robustness and efficiency.
How we work
The software engineering team uses its own simple, practical, and functional methodology, allowing you to fully focus on software engineering without having to switch tasks. You will work based on the principle of freedom and responsibility.
We take pride in combining professionalism, trust, and very few meetings.
The software engineering team
The software engineering team currently consists of 9 experienced developers working on a large architecture covering a wide domain, from signal processing on our edge devices through dashboarding for different user groups. Continuous improvement and daily deployments are at the heart of the high level of quality we deliver.
Curious to learn about what it’s like to join our team of developers?
Since we work on cutting-edge technology, we use an up-to-date stack:
- Python to orchestrate our infrastructure
- AWS – we’re using a broad range of AWS services (20+).
- The team prefers to use Linux distributions for their development environments
Who should apply?
As a Data Engineer you have a computer science background or similar, at least 5 years of software development experience, and a good understanding data engineering and cloud infrastructure. Next to this, you have:
a good understanding of modern databases;
experience with designing and running cloud infrastructure, including distributed systems and clusters;
knowledge of configuration management tools;
experience with modern software development practices (e.g. continuous delivery).
What we offer
- A competitive salary
- The chance to work on cutting-edge technology that affects industry worldwide
- A fun and professional company culture based on the principle of freedom and responsibility
- Daily fresh lunches and healthy snacks, as soon as we are back in the office (order your favorite soups or salads on our dedicated Slack lunch channel)
- A growing scale-up led by experienced entrepreneurs and managers with a solid track record