As a Cloud Native Engineer, you’ll be in charge of shaping solutions for companies in the midst of both an organisational as well as a technological transformation. Working in small, self-managed teams, you’ll guide our clients towards creating and automating their cloud infrastructure. We are a vendor-agnostic company, meaning that you will get to apply a diverse mix of tools and services. You mostly perform work from our offices or from home. However, sometimes cooperation with our customers requires us to travel as part of the job, an average of 2-3 days per month.
What’s in it for you?
Our biggest benefits are our people and our culture. We offer a diverse work environment where people are respected for who they are and a culture based on learning, trust, and collaboration. You can also count on:
- A competitive salary (aligned with your experience)
- Possibility for employee ownership and equity based compensation
- Budget and time for learning, personal development, certifications, and contributing to open-source projects
- Unlimited books budget
- Permanent work contract immediately
- 25 days of paid leave
What does it take?
We often build tailored, innovative solutions within complex and ambiguous environments. Therefore, having an inquisitive mind and the eagerness to explore is vital. On top of that, consulting with clients, which depends on asking the right questions and crafting solutions as a team, requires strong collaboration and communication skills.
Must-have technical skills
- Background in development and/or operations
- An understanding of best practices and patterns in software development
- Experience with CI/CD (knowledge of the principles and ability to set up a pipeline from scratch)
- Infrastructure provisioning (such as Terraform, Ansible, Cloud Formation, etc)
- Experience in either public or private cloud
- Understanding and exposure to Kubernetes
We offer engineering roles at different levels of seniority. These are some attributes that could make you a candidate for more senior positions:
- A deep and demonstrated understanding of distributed systems, including containerised microservices and highly scalable web applications
- Advanced (admin-level) knowledge of Kubernetes in production
- A passion for the community (attending events, advocating cloud technology via meet-ups and conferences, or writing blog posts and other pieces of content)
How to apply
Drop us your CV and tell us, briefly, why you are applying. If we think you have what it takes, here’s how we will proceed:
- CV sift + optional call with the recruiter
- Abstract Reasoning assessment to assess your critical thinking skills, attention to detail, problem-solving skills and in general your ability to learn and then use new information in a short period of time.
- A technical challenge, which allows us to asses the must have technical skills.
- An online personality assessment and interview. This measure enables us to discuss how you see yourself on a day-to-day basis and within the workplace.
- A final stage is a structured behavioural situational interview with the engineering team to evaluate how well you are able to work collaboratively and to assess your technical decision making skills.
Container Solutions is proud to be committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Container Solutions is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please let us know.