This is a brand new team, starting from the ground up to redesign and implement a new technology stack for an existing user-base in the Automotive Enthusiast industry. You will get a chance to help define team practices, Software Architecture, tools, and processes and be one of the foundational members!
The team will operate with a high degree of independence and focus on building a greenfield customer experience and APIs in the insurance and automotive enthusiast industry for one of our largest clients. Think of it as a well-funded startup inside a thriving business. The team will work towards a goal of replacing legacy applications service a wide array of customer-facing experiences.
You should have:
- Passion for software that is future-proof and sets an example for best practices
- Obsessed with developer experience and tooling
- Eagerness to share your experiences and opinions on how to build robust APIs and Services
- 4+ years of experience as a Backend Engineer building enterprise-scale and production-ready applications.
*denotes must-haves (or must learn it quickly)
- Ability to take ownership of work items and help cultivate new ones with a Product-first mindset*
- Exposure to GraphQL or REST API concepts and implementation patterns*
- Experience with microservices & event-driven system architectures
- Node.js / TypeScript*
- Previous experience with C#, Java or similar strongly preferred
- Infrastructure as Code tools (Serverless Framework, CDK, Terraform, etc.)
- AWS Cloud Services* (Lambda, DynamoDB or Aurora, API Gateway)
- Familiarity with GraphQL ecosystem
To thrive as a member of our team, you must:
- Operate with an ownership mentality by taking initiative
- Able to operate remotely and independently
- Have excellent verbal and written communications skills
- Be able to operate for working hours within 2 hours of EST
- Be passionate about learning and improving the craft of Engineering