Financial Services Cashier
About the Company and Opportunity:
- Large non-profit located in central Houston
- Has been in business for over 60 years
- Meets the changing needs of the community and society
- Very diverse atmosphere
- Counsel students and or parents concerning available payment options on account balance after financial aid award.
- Alert financial aid advisors when errors or discrepancies are discovered on student accounts.
- Approve or disapprove students walk in transcripts or verifications.
- Receive payments on student accounts and process daily reports.
- Answering questions and giving estimates regarding cost of attendance.
- Make outbound collection calls on delinquent student accounts.
- Answer questions regarding student accounts.
- Other duties as assigned by Director of Student Financial Services.
Preferred Qualifications for the Cashier:
- High school diploma or GED equivalent.
- Some college hours preferred.
- Bilingual (Spanish speaking) preferred.
- College or university experiences a plus.