ABOUT WELL HEALTH
Our Mission: Make healthcare the gold standard in customer service.
What We Deliver: WELLTM Health is a SaaS digital health leader in patient communications and the 2021 Best in KLAS winner in Patient Outreach. WELL Health’s intelligent communications hub is the only two-way digital health solution engaging patients throughout their entire care experience. WELL Health enables conversations between patients and their providers through secure, multilingual messaging in the patient’s preferred communications channel: texting, email, telephone, and live chat. By unifying and automating disjointed communications, WELL Health helps healthcare organizations drive more patient visits, build exceptional patient loyalty, and reduce staffing costs, frustration and turnover.
Our Impact: WELL Health helps 200k+ healthcare providers facilitate more than 1 billion messages for 30+ million patients annually.
Our award-winning culture: In 2021, WELL Health was named No.10 on the Forbes list of America’s Best Startup Employers and was also recognized as one of the Best Midsize Companies to Work for in Los Angeles by Built In LA. In 2020, WELL Health was named among the Best Places to Work by Modern Healthcare and ranked #170 on the Inc. 5000 list of fastest growing private companies.
WELL is looking for a talented Business Intelligence Analyst / Developer to join the team. You are someone that is excited about working with healthcare data. You enjoy managing large data sets, and building data models and processes in a structured, collaborative, and inclusive environment.
As a Business Intelligence Analyst / Developer, you will join the Data team, and work under the direction of our Director of Data Science. You will also work alongside our Product and Application Engineering teams. You will manage existing data processes, work with Product and Engineering to implement new product capabilities, and build new system and data solutions.
This is an exciting role for an experienced Business Intelligence Analyst / Developer that is looking for their next opportunity at a fast-paced startup.
As a member of this team you will:
- Support and maintain existing analytics
- Identify and eliminate technical debt in the system
- Improve and create process that allows the team to operate more effectively
- Leverage our data platform to provide data-driven insights to customers and internal teams
- Effectively communicate technical issues within the team, and create solutions
- Work with account managers and client support to ensure all customer analytics are stable and providing value
- Serve as a data expert and lead business intelligence expert for data analytics requests
- Support customer requests for changes to reporting and dashboards
- Design solutions after gathering business and technical requirements
- Own the reporting and dashboards inventory and dictionary
- Aid in supporting, troubleshooting, testing, and maintaining the BI reporting environments
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in engineering, computer science, data science, math, statistics, or a related field
- 5+ years of experience as a data analyst or similar role
- 3+ years of experience with healthcare data warehousing
- Strong SQL skills
- Experience with Looker
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Strong analytical, problem solving, and logical reasoning skills
- A passion for managing data and analytics
- Experience with Data Science techniques
- Experience with R and/or Python
WELL is headquartered in Santa Barbara, CA and has a satellite office in Orange County, CA. Today, all WELL positions are remote, and we are looking forward to when our company returns to in-office work. We are open to candidates that are looking for a permanently remote role depending on their level of experience. Historically, remote team members visit the Santa Barbara office regularly, and we’ve found that works best when they are on the West Coast, specifically in Southern California.
WORKING AT WELL
- Fantastic company culture – frequent Zoom company events (Lunch & Learns, trivia, yoga, etc.) and daily fun brought to you by many creative Slack channels.
- Employee equity groups – 11 groups available for all to join. Black & Latinx, Women, LGBTQ+, Disability, and many more!
- Learning and development – frequent events and tools available to help our employees #PursueGrowth.
- Career mobility – we promote from within and have opportunities for employees to transfer between teams.
- Santa Barbara office perks – dog-friendly office, healthy (and unhealthy) snacks, Kombucha and beer on tap, light-filled space, standing desks, and the occasional taco truck.
- Company perks and benefits – MacBook Pro provided, unlimited PTO, generous equity package and full health benefits (medical, dental, and vision).
Interested in learning more? Please visit our LinkedIn page or our Life at WELL Instagram profile to hear from our employees about working at WELL.
Committed to Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion
WELL Health Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer and is committed to fair and equitable hiring practices. All hiring decisions at WELL are based on strategic business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications. All candidates are considered without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexuality, national origin, age, disability, genetics or any other protected status.
We’re dedicated to creating an inclusive, equitable, and diverse workplace, where everyone feels safe to be themselves and diversity is a strength. WELL is committed to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment; WELL will not tolerate discrimination or harassment of any kind.