As a software engineer on the Discovery team at Plex, you will help people find movies and shows that they love. Plex will allow people to discover and enjoy media from all of their streaming services and personal libraries in one place. The Discovery team empowers users to browse and discover media quickly and find movies, shows, and trailers that feel relevant to them.
What you’ll do
- You will help new and returning users find and discover the content they love.
- You will be responsible for designing, building and deploying services that provide the best experience for catalog browsing, content discovery, search and personalization.
- You will collaborate closely with product owners and designers to explore new ways of surfacing and promoting relevant and interesting content.
- You will work closely with our team of client engineers who are focused on building engaging experiences using the content discovery services.
- You will partner with other engineers from our cloud services teams to establish our backend standards and to integrate with our metadata and recommendations services.
What you bring to the table
- You have at least 3 years of relevant experience building large-scale backend services.
- You know how to write distributed, high-volume services in Node.js and TypeScript.
- You have experience with databases at scale and some experience with MongoDB in particular.
- Experience with Elasticsearch and optimizing search results is a plus.
- Experience with recommendation systems is a plus.
- You are familiar with engineering best practices such as testing, continuous integration and continuous delivery.
- You care about code quality and are committed to writing strongly typed, well-tested code.
- You are detail-oriented and focus on delivering seamless, reliable experiences.
- You are kind, humble, helpful and get stuff done.
- You are self motivated and able to manage your time, working with a distributed team across the globe.
- You believe in asking for help and helping others when they ask, never throwing a problem over the wall.
- You are hungry to have an impact, continuously working to improve our product, process and push the team to be its best.