Machine Learning Engineer
- You are passionate about solving real-world problems through data.
- You care deeply about making scalable ML solutions directly accessible to end users.
- You strive for excellence in everything that you do.
- You want to work with a team that values humility, empathy, and transparency.
- SiteZeus is an automated location intelligence platform. Our customers have a physical presence, typically retail locations. They use SiteZeus to make better decisions about where to build their next location, and how to optimize their investment in existing locations.
- Our product is a web-based SaaS offering — think Google Maps with rich data visualization and machine learning capabilities integrated in.
- Our clients include some of the world’s largest and most rapidly growing franchise brands.
- SiteZeus currently has 30+ people, including 8 development/QA team members and 2 other data scientists.
- We are based in Tampa, Florida. During COVID-19, we are 100% remote. We will remain mostly remote post COVID-19, and currently have multiple team members that live outside of the Tampa area.
- SiteZeus offers a comprehensive compensation and benefits package, including competitive wages, equity opportunities after one year of employment, healthcare, 401(k), and unlimited vacation.
About The Role:
- Core member of a small, energetic, and highly focused product development team.
- Reports to the Chief Technology Officer.
- Works as an individual contributor.
- 6+ years of relevant work experience.
- A proven track record of successful MLOps – building machine learning pipelines and deploying scalable models to production environments.
- Proficiency implementing code for production-grade ML systems in Python or R; a demonstrated ability to write code that is modular, efficient, scalable, and maintainable.
- Solid understanding of machine learning models, data analysis, and a variety of supervised and unsupervised learning methods.
- Experience working with multi-terabyte scale datasets.
- Excellent communication skills. You can distill complex topics down to their essence.
- You want to create something new and help build a successful company.
- A Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Mathematics, Statistics, or another STEM field. Equivalent levels of on-the-job skills development or self- directed online coursework will be considered in lieu of a formal degree.
- You are authorized to work in the U.S.
- Experience building ML pipelines using cloud-based ML services, such as Azure Machine Learning SDK.
- Experience building ML pipelines that integrate with products based on the Microsoft platform, including .NET, Azure, C#, PowerShell, and related tools.
- Experience building models using deep learning tools.
- Experience applying CNNs, RNNs, LSTMs, and related techniques to computer vision tasks.
- Experience building models with geospatial data, mobile movement data, or street view/satellite imagery.
- Masters or PhD in a related field.
Job Type: Full-time