At Zuhlke we empower ideas. We are a trusted advisor for clients across industries and help them turn ideas into smart and sustainable solutions.?We specialise in digital innovation, cloud and data solutions, and have successfully delivered products such as mobile banking apps, healthcare systems and cloud-based government platforms, to name a few.
You will be part of a purpose-driven team with a passion for innovation and an appreciation for Agile principles. To cultivate an environment where everyone can thrive, we foster an inclusive team culture where each individual has a voice and is empowered to take initiative, and where we care for one another. While we have been growing internationally, our colleagues across Europe and Asia remain connected through distributed project work and our “One Zuhlke” culture.
As a privately held company run by engineers, we prioritise your continuous development and education. With life-long learning a priority, we invest 10% of our turnover in developing skills and services in an agile way – matching your needs and those of the company.
Our promise to employees and clients emphasises quality, innovation and sustainability. Our ethical guidelines and our passion for impactful solutions influence client projects and industries we work with, and underpin our focus on diversity and environmental sustainability.
Your job will include:
- As a Data Engineer you master the big data world and help our customers to make their own data fit for business or operational purpose - whether in the Cloud or in their own data centre.
- You develop, test and monitor distributed data processing pipelines.
- You work closely with data scientists on the development of machine learning models.
- You extrapolate versatile data sets and sources in a performant and repeatable way.
- You prepare performance and cost estimates for various use cases.
- You develop and create compelling dashboards to visualize the processed data.
- You work collaboratively with colleagues and clients, be it onsite, in the Zuhlke office, or from home.
- You keep yourself technically sharp and get things done.
- You occasionally travel to other Zuhlke locations, e.g. in mainland Europe, for project work or for developing competencies across the Zuhlke group.
Skills & Requirements:
- You have a degree in computer science or mathematics, or a comparable qualification.
- You have a rich experience of professional data engineering experience, implementing projects in industry and services, ideally in client facing contexts.
- You are familiar with big data infrastructures (e.g. Hadoop/Spark ecosystem) and concepts for storing and processing large and/or heterogeneous data volumes.
- You have practical knowledge of handling varied types of data (text, tabular, graph, time-series, geospatial, image, etc.).
- You have excellent programming skills in Python, Java and SQL as well as hands-on experience with databases (relational/NoSQL), containerisation, and Cloud environments such as AWS or GCP.
- You are familiar with business intelligence, data analytics and data visualisation frameworks.
- Information security knowledge is a plus.
Our work is mainly at or within an hour's travel from our London office.
If you're interested in joining us, send us your CV and start your first step into realising your career goals at a company that values talent and cares about its employees.? We are an ?equal opportunity ?employer and ?value diversity? at our company.
We welcome people from all backgrounds, regardless of their gender, personality, national origin, race, religion, colour, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, marital status, disability or veteran status.