Zattoo is searching for a highly motivated Android Engineer (f/m/x) with a proven track record in delivering Android applications to join our Android TV for Operators team (ATVfO). Zattoo’s ATVfO development team builds apps beyond the usual mobile or TV experience. We deliver applications to a vast range of Connected TV devices. Some of their focal points are:
- Performance which matters. Our apps run smoothly on every dedicated device.
- Non-trivial user interactions. We are building UIs which could be controlled via remote control, connected smartphones or voice interaction.
- Complex business logic. We deploy apps to different B2B customers, which results in a different feature set, different UI with dynamic or runtime branding, different language and different business rules.
Zattoo’s apps are installed on millions of devices. We were among the first to bring Live and Catch Up TV without requiring additional hardware and we put a strong focus on big screen platforms such as Android TV and Amazon Fire TV. We cooperate directly with different OEMs to build Launcher applications for Android based Set-top boxes, and dedicated Google and Amazon teams to deliver deeply integrated features on the respective platforms.
We’re looking for someone who wants to push the boundaries of what’s possible on these platforms and get a unique experience in developing applications for connected TV devices. Solving the challenges of Non-trivial user interactions, performance constraints and complex business logic. You will find Zattoo to be a comfortable place to work with pragmatic decision making, fast approval paths and willingness to take risks. Most importantly, you’ll be surrounded by colleagues who’ll share your commitment to developing and selling world class products.
What you’ll do
- Develop and maintain our Native Android TV launcher applications for Set-top boxes.
- Collaborate with device OEMs to incorporate custom built APIs
- Write high quality code with clean architecture and use common design patterns
- Work on unique features such as Local recordings, HbbTV and runtime rebranding.
- Collaborate with developers, designers and product managers to conceptualize, build, test and release applications
- Translate high level requirements around functionality into elegant functional solutions
- Implement compelling device specific user interfaces and optimize performance of the applications
What you’ll bring
- 4+ years of experience in Android application development with very good knowledge of the Android build system and application framework
- High proficiency with Kotlin and Java
- Write clean and testable code
- Experience with RxJava and Kotlin Coroutines
- Experience with dependency injection on Android
- Have one or more successful Android applications published in Google Play store
- Comfortable in working with remote colleagues, multidisciplinary teams and external partners
- Fluent verbal and written English language skills
- Bonus: Experience with
- TV app development (Android TV and/or Fire TV, Cast API) or adaptive video streaming on Android
- System-level features like global keys, OTA processes and private app permissions
- Automated testing on Android (Unit Testing, Acceptance/UI Testing) and CI systems
- Experience with multi-module app architecture
What's in it for you?
- Reward: strong market competitive salary
- Recharge: 30 days vacation plus public holidays
- Regulate: trust based flexible working hours and the option for remote working 8 weeks per year
- We’re sharing: Free access to the best streaming experience on the market
- We’re developing: your own development budget, German classes and Zattoo all-company hack days
- We’re inclusive: ‘Zattooies’ are a fun, engaged, and diverse team made up of 40 nationalities
- We’re healthy: yoga classes, health checks, team sports, organic fruit, vegan options and more!
- We’re responsible: we are carbon neutral, an active employee Green team, discounted BVG tickets and free bike rentals
- We’re sociable: a calendar of events with fireside chats, lunches, in-house bar, BBQ’s, monthly socials, summer party and an annual off-site event
We are Zattoo
Zattoo enables our users to view indiscriminately and we reflect that in our team too. Regardless of race, gender, sexual orientation, religion, national origin, age, disability or any other characteristic protected by law we encourage everyone to apply and will give everyone equal consideration. We are an equal opportunities employer, join us and help build a diverse team dedicated to revolutionizing the way you watch TV.
You can learn more about us at: https://zattoo.com