Who we are:
Our story might surprise you. We’re the world’s largest restaurant company—encompassing KFC, Pizza Hut, and Taco Bell—but there’s a lot more going on behind the scenes than just frying chicken, baking pizzas, and serving up tacos. We put this delicious food in the hands of customers through apps, websites, kiosks, POS, and other digital dining experiences – and we are only getting started. Here in Chicago, we’re building out a bold team of hackers to help Yum! Brands deliver the next generation of software to 49,000 restaurants in more than 145 countries. That’s a huge responsibility, which is why we’re on a mission to find the most fearless engineers to join our software startup within Yum!.
Yum!'s vision for the future is simple: a world with more Yum!: with our iconic brands in more places, and more ways for consumers to access them. The key and not-so-secret ingredient in our recipe for growth is our unrivaled talent and culture, which fuels our results. And like all companies who win consistently, our brands, employees, and franchisees will need to continually adjust to stay relevant now and in the future. The software we’re building does just that: it serves people in new ways to make team members more productive and customers happier.
What we need:
Our dynamic eCommerce Platform team is rapidly growing as we optimize our digital ordering channels and technology innovations to create competitive advantages for our restaurants around the globe. We are seeking a Product Owner who can provide direction to technical teams. In this role, your customers will be product and engineering teams building front-ends (web, mobile, etc.) on top of our eCommerce platform. You will work with these internal customers to understand their needs, document requirements, and extend the platform.
- Set product vision and partner with product management to define and prioritize product roadmaps
- Elicit requirements, synthesize, and document them into stories for the product backlog
- Break requirements into iterative sprint-sized stories that optimize speed-to-value
- Work collaboratively with engineers and testers on your agile delivery team
- Work directly with front-end teams building applications for domestic and international markets
- Follow documentation first approach to solutioning and building high-value products
- Manage and refine the product backlog, assemble sprints, and perform release planning
- Collaborate with other product owners to improve platform level process
- Articulate business and customer value to development team and use it to guide prioritization
- Participate in the release process as the product expert to surface any issues prior to release
- Ensure that roadmaps and the product backlog are visible, transparent, and clear
- A BS/BA degree or equivalent experience
- Outstanding written, verbal, and presentation skills
- Agile product owner experience in a SaaS or PaaS environment
- Working knowledge of REST API design and usage
- Hands on experience producing, managing, and improving REST API’s
- Experience with Identity management, authorization, authentication in microservices architecture.
- Good understanding of OAuth 2/ OIDC and able to effectivity guide product development.
- Experience with customer data protection, data pipeline, and event mechanism.
- Metrics based product development with focus on improving value
- The ability to build product roadmap, run meetings and drive agenda
- Effective influencing skills
- Certified Scrum Product Owner (CSPO) – preferred, not required
A few of our perks:
- 4 weeks of vacation PLUS holidays
- 5 sick days
- 2 paid volunteer days
- 401k matching
- Medical, dental, vision
- Life insurance
- Half day Fridays
- Generous parental leave
- A world-famous recognition culture