Who we are
We’re global, we’re growing and we’re going to need talent to keep up the pace. We’re making payments simpler for over 4m customers worldwide, in over 90 currencies. We’ve been around for 10 years, disrupting the market with a digital payment platform that aims to make sending money abroad as easy as sending a text message.
There’s almost 1,200 of us already hard at work and we love welcoming new people. We’ve got offices across the world, from London to Sydney and 15 locations in between - they’re open for business but right now lots of us are working from home. Want to be part of our global growth story - read on…
About the role
You will be a critical thinker with a passion to design systems that are secure, reliable, scalable and adaptable. You have experience with designing event-sourced microservice-based architectures. You’ll work closely with the rest of the architecture team, the product team, the development teams and other stakeholders.
As a member of WorldRemit’s Engineering team you will aim high, embrace challenge and always do what’s right; acting with integrity and building trust as you contribute to the company’s technical direction and long term decision making.
Reporting to the Director of Architecture, you will:
- Work with the product team and other stakeholders to gather requirements
- Design solutions that deliver the required functionality and that conform to our architecture patterns
- Work with the development teams to ensure that the design is correctly implemented
- Review designs from other architects
- Participate in establishing architectural patterns
What we’re looking for from you
- Ability to reason about a solution from high-level lines and boxes all the way down to the implementation into code
- Team player with excellent communication skills
- Willingness to push back to get the best solution to the problem
- Drive to learn new or emerging technologies
- Experience with microservice-based architecture
- Experience with event-sourced architectures
- Experience building cloud-native solutions
- Experience with Kafka (nice to have)
What you’ll get from us
- Private medical plans.
- Recharge days, 4 per year, 1 for each quarter
- Employer funded Multisport card
*Please note, due to remote working at present, some of our benefits may be temporarily suspended. For more information please get in touch.