A Lead Software Engineer is a crucial influencer, coach, and coder that leads a small team focused on delivering the just-right-sized, on-time delivery of impactful and valuable business solutions. They are an engineer at heart, tackling complex and creative solutions on their own while supporting the teamwork necessary to deliver together. They analyze their team’s solutions and clarify quality, direction, and timing while continuously supporting team member growth. Mentor, coder, project manager, and customer service professional all can describe this role.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Delivery – moving the entire team toward a specific deliverable by keeping the team focused on strategic architectural goals and right-sized scope
- Quality – analyze deliverables to determine quality and alignment with business value
- Process – constantly shapes the trajectory of the team’s efforts to deliver business value by adopting and maintaining supporting processes
- Expertise – excellent coder with demonstrated ability to design and engineer at a senior level
- Individual Contributor – tackles appropriately complex pieces of the deliverable by applying their years of experience and skillset to build out the deliverable
- Evaluate – constantly assessing their team member’s individual growth and supporting the long-term acquisition of business knowledge and technical skills
- Leadership – proven ability to steer a team towards successful delivery habits, resolve conflicts and generate engagement in the business goals and belief in the business value
- Coder – exceptional skill as a coder, able to tackle a broad variety of engineering problems with confidence
- Communication – excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Problem-solving – a ferociously curious mind, seeing many different angles from which to attack the problem to help develop solutions
- Ownership – an unfailing desire to succeed in solving the problem and meeting the team’s delivery goals
- Organization – masterful ability to stay self-organized and foster good organizational skills within their team
- Teamwork – an “all for one” attitude that focuses on the success of the team’s goals and strengthens the team’s resolve and ability to succeed
- 7+ years in software engineering with modern languages (C# preferred), RDBMS, and OOP
- 3+ years in leading software delivery teams preferred
- 2+ years in cloud platforms (AWS, Azure, Azure preferred) and API development
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science preferred; applicable experience acceptable
- Occasionally move about inside the office to access file cabinets, office machinery, etc.
- Occasionally may require lifting up to 25 pounds
- Frequently operate standard office equipment such as a computer
- Office environment.
- Occasional travel may be required.
It is the policy of World Acceptance Corporation to provide equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. In addition, World Acceptance Corporation will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities.