Scout & Cellar is a vibrant, fast-growing, environmentally-conscious wine company. Together, we’re on a journey to make the world’s most delicious Clean-Crafted Wine™ and deliver it right to your doorstep. Our business model provides social entrepreneurs the chance to own and develop their own wine business.
We work with passion and purpose, living in authenticity and spreading the Clean-Crafted™ Movement everywhere we go. We're sharing a better wine experience with everyone we know and changing the definition of what it means to do better. For our bodies. For our loved ones. For our planet.
Here’s what you’ll do:
- Partner with product management and all functions of the business to fully understand technology needs and provide technical leadership to guide the architecture and engineering process of the tech team
- Work with CTO to develop and execute a technical roadmap necessary to evolve the technology platforms as required to deliver on business objectives
- Define and manage software development practices adopted by the tech team
- Manage the work of full-time and contract design and engineering resources
- Lead and perform business and data analysis as needed
- Design and develop custom software solutions
Here’s what you must bring to the table:
- BS/BA in Computer Science or related field
- 4+ years in technical and hands on software development
- Highly quantitative, analytical and business-minded
- Demonstrated success working with cross-functional teams
- Exceptional understanding of web architecture, data architecture, microservcies, data integration pipelines and design principles
- Experience with custom eCommerce development is required
- Experience with retail or direct-to-consumer industries is preferred
- Experience with multiple frontend web development languages/tools is required (React/Next.js, Gatsby, Prismic, Contentful, etc.)
- Experience with multiple backend development languages/frameworks is required (Python, Flask, microservices, Rest APIs, Serverless compute, etc.)
- E xperience with development for public cloud hosting is preferred(GoogleCloud, AWS, Netlify, Vercel, etc.)
- Experience with multiple database technologies is required (Postgres, SQLServer, MongoDB, BigQuery, etc.)
- Experience with data integration technologies is a plus (Jitterbit, SnapLogic, Boomi, etc.)
- Experience with Agile and CI/CD practices and tooling is preferred
- Proactive and self-motivated, hands-on willingness to do tasks big and small
- Approachable, open, honest and direct style; conviction to do the right thing no matter what
- Able to excel in fast-paced, startup environment
We know how important it is to take time to be together, gathering around the table to open a bottle of wine (or two) and enjoy our collaborative, community-minded culture. Because we’re a rapidly growing start-up team with a serious track record and an awesome team atmosphere, you’ll have a genuine opportunity to make a difference and learn and grow through real ownership and responsibility.
The real reason we're all here? We're doing good work, dedicated to doing our small part to leave this planet in better shape than we found it in. But we also like perks.
Here’s what you’ll get:
- Open, collaborative, community-minded culture
- Competitive pay and a performance-based bonus plan
- Flexible hours and ability to work remote as needed
- Comprehensive health and welfare plans
- Unlimited PTO
- 401k with matching on Day 1
- Employee-focused wine education series
- Generous discount on Clean-Crafted Wine™ and merch
Also…There’s a dog in the office. Her name is Pip and we love her a whole lot.
Scout & Cellar is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status. United States work authorization is required. This position is located in our Farmers Branch, Texas headquarters.