The Westwing mission is to inspire and make every home a beautiful home. We are on a quest to bring the wonders of eCommerce for home & living to our more than 1.5 million active customers in 11 countries. In only 10 years on the market, we have grown to more than 433 million Euros in annual revenue. More importantly, the opportunity ahead of us is massive.
The Westwing team is the secret to our success. Our more than 1,700 team members balance creativity and style with innovative technology and strong business fundamentals. We are proud to be working with inspiring colleagues who are smart, fun, ambitious, and looking for the challenge to transform an industry and take it into the future.
Do you think this could be you? To pursue our ambitious expansion strategy, we are looking for a Full Stack Developer (m/f/d) to join our Growth Hacking team. As a full stack developer, you will design and develop complex web applications, services and modules for our e-commerce systems. You will integrate with our shops and other internal and external systems and create a great customer experience for our users. Adhering to agile software development methodologies you will also ensure code quality and enforce best practices by communicating and sharing them to team members.
What we do:
- In the Growth Hacking teamwe focus on improving user experience of our customers and developing features that can provide significant growth to the company without additional marketing budgets. The main advantage of this kind of work is that the result is usually immediately visible and easily measurable.
- The team is responsible for both frontend and backend. Right now, we mainly work with an e-commerce monolith and a number micro-services and internal tools built on various tech stacks and platforms like K8s and AWS. But overall, there are a lot of different projects inside the company and many of them may benefit from our support in the future.
- We use React as a frontend framework for all new features, but also make many changes in legacy jQuery-based parts of the codebase. For the backend we mostly use PHP7+ and some Node.js.
- If you have a passion for creating A-class applications to provide best in class user experience and help Westwing become market leader, our team would be a great place for you.
- At Westwing we invest a lot into every engineer, and we help growing and improving skills for further career development.
- We face a lot of challenges on a daily basis, opening thousands of opportunities to unleash your engineering and creative potential.
- Furthermore, you will optimize our platform for best performance. Adhering to agile development methodologies you will also ensure code quality and enforce best practices by communicating and sharing them with team members.
- ReactJs, ES6+, HTML5, SCSS, jQuery, Micro-frontends, typescript
- PHP7+,Yii, Node.js, Express
- PHPUnit, Behat, PHPCS, PHPMD,Jest
- Jenkins, Gitlab pipelines
- API (REST, JSON, RPC)
- AWS, Kubernetes, Docker, MySQL, RabbitMQ, Memcached
- Debian, Bash, nginx, php-fpm
- Git (GitLab)
You come with:
- Knowledge of most of the keywords above
- At least 3 years of experience in development with React.js or other modern frontend framework
- Several years of experience with PHP based applications
- Ideally experience with APIs, frontend and backend integration
- A proactive, goal-oriented, reliable and self-structured way of working
- Fluency in English
- Everyday use of modern development tools/frameworks
- High degrees of responsibility and autonomy
- Great opportunities for personal and professional growth
- Agile teams where your ideas and solutions are valued
- Attractive working environment in a dynamically growing eCommerce sector involving steep training curves and flat command structures
Contact Person: Jennifer Stennei
Requisition ID: 2138
Interested? Looking forward to your full application under specification of your possible starting date and salary expectation.