The Volvo Penta vision is to be the world leader in sustainable power solutions, and world-leading supplier of engines and complete powers systems for marine and industrial applications. We have a history of innovation and enjoy strong market positions based on our current product and service offer with customers in over 130 countries around the world. Volvo Penta is a world-leading supplier of engines and complete power systems for marine and industrial applications – both at land and sea. Region Americas is responsible for marketing, sales and customer support activities on the American continents. In this position, special focus is given to support our dealers and our growing Industrial segment, besides our already strong Marine segments.
Volvo Penta is responsible for the sales of an entire range of marine engines—both leisure and commercial, to our OEMs and boatbuilders within the Americas.
We are now looking for Regional Dealer Sales Manager to join our amazing Marine Leisure Sales team in Chesapeake, Virginia!
What is the Job?
As a Regional Dealer Sales Manager, you will be responsible for growing sales of Volvo Penta powered boats in your Area of Responsibility (AOR). You will also work on the identification, recruitment, and growth of Volvo Penta boat selling dealers. You will serve as the primary interface between Volvo Penta and assigned AOR marine dealers. Some of your core responsibilities will include:
- Regularly visiting and providing support for Volvo Penta dealers and new dealer prospects within your AOR. This includes cold calling on targeted customers as well as relationship building and interaction with existing and potential customers.
- Developing your AOR dealer’s sales skills to include coaching the promotion of selling value of a premium and soft products, assuring every dealer in your AOR actively participates in company-sponsored sales programs, and managing dealer market share development, volume and product mix within your AOR to ensure dealers meet sales goals and market penetration.
- Implementing, managing and monitoring sales activity to meet the department’s business plan and monthly market share objectives. This will include developing and implementing plans and programs designed to target key dealers within your Area of Responsibility.
- Working with dealer principal, sales management, and retail sales staff to increase sales penetration through training, promotions and blitzes, customer events, leasing and demonstrators. You will also manage the retail sales assistance process and sales tools to achieve successful attainment of assigned annual sales volume and gross profit.
- Tracking dealer’s stock inventory levels to ensure they meet both the dealer’s business plan as well as current market and product demands. You will also assist dealers with all inquiries and understanding of programs in marketing, warranty, credit, parts and service.
- Identifying a Volvo Penta specialist to handle complex technical issues that may arise, then following-up to see that dealer questions and/or issues have been resolved.
- Providing stakeholder communication on dealer progress, collaborating with the Marine Sales group and others, making recommendations for further improvements, structure, and investments where needed. You will also be providing critical insight and contributing to the development of the marine sales segment’s strategic plans, assisting in the forecast of new product introductions to include factors such as model mix, volume, timing.
- Attending and participating in OEM Dealer Sales Meetings, retail boat shows, and other events as needed.
As a Regional Dealer Sales Manager, you will be afforded the opportunity to work with some exceptionally skilled colleagues and experience some truly exciting challenges that will benefit you both professionally and personally.
Are you GREAT at relationship building and passionate about customer success? You may have what it takes for this exciting role…
To be successful in this role, you will need business acumen and a keen ability to actively seek and identify areas of opportunity and growth. You will need exceptional relationship building skills to include the ability to coach and mentor sales professionals. You should also be talented in outstanding customer service and be passionate about addressing customer’s needs.
We would like for you to be well-versed in implementing retail business plans, and have exceptional knowledge of dealer contracts, sales policies, processes and systems at a wholesale level. Having familiarity of the marine industry, boat sales and inventory is a plus.
In addition, excellent communication and presentation skills are necessary as is the need for fluency in speaking and writing English in order to communicate successfully with internal and external stakeholders at different levels of the organization locally, nationally, and globally.
Education & Experience:
This position requires the following:
- A 4-year Bachelor’s degree in Sales, Business, Marketing, or related field; or, equivalent experience required.
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in retail/wholesale distribution in the marine industry or manufacture-to-dealer direct industries.
- Minimum 2 years’ experience in sales and marketing preferred.
- Experience in customer relations management (CRM), a plus.
- Bilingual (English/Spanish), a plus
This position also require out-of-town travel (up to 75%) to include international travel, and must be able to lift up to 50 pounds.
Are you ready to join a team?
We were recently awarded “A Great Place to Work” certification two years in a rows, and our employees can attest that Volvo Penta is a great place to work! We experience relationships built on trust and respect, change and innovation, passion, exceptional performance, and a strong commitment to customer success!
If you are interested in being part of a team focused on innovation and success, and feel that this opportunity is for you, we invite you to apply to become a Regional Dealer Sales Manager with our team. We look forward to meeting you!
Disclaimer: The above statements are intended to describe the general level of work being performed by persons assigned to the classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of responsibilities, duties and skills required of the job. Printed copies may not be the most current. Volvo Group North America is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Affirmative Action employer. E.O.E./M/F/D/V