COVID 19 UPDATE:
We have leaned into the current health crisis with the development of new features like Volusion Curbside. Since March, we have hired more than a dozen new Volusioneers with no signs of slowing down. We are actively interviewing for key roles in order to keep up with our product roadmap goals. During these unprecedented times Volusion continues to provide stability and growth opportunities to our employees and merchants alike.
We are doing our part to flatten the curve so for the time being all interviews will be conducted virtually. As a company ALL employees are currently working remotely.
If “Location Flexible” is listed in the job title of a role, the role can be located in any of the states where Volusion is authorized to do business. Please work with your recruiter to understand any location constraints of a particular role and to communicate your location preferences.
Volusion powers thousands of ecommerce sites - from fledgling entrepreneurs like local artists selling handmade goods to mid market businesses processing millions of dollars in online sales every year. If you're a creative professional that has a passion for driving change and you want to better the world with your ideas, we want to hear from you!
We are looking for a DevOps Engineer with strong Google Cloud Platform (GCP) experience to support multiple projects, including our next-generation VOLT eCommerce and technology platform. This engineer will work with teams to create and debug features for complex operational systems to ensure they operate and scale smoothly, automate deployment and rollback procedures, and explore new Google and third party services to enhance our platform.
- Evolve our architecture: Google’s cloud platform is constantly evolving and adding capabilities. You will be expected to keep current with these capabilities and look for areas of improvement and increased performance and efficiency for use in our platform.
- Automate: We believe that anything done the same way more than twice is a great candidate for automation. You will be charged with building out automation frameworks for our platform.
- Enhance: You will look for ways to improve our platform through better monitoring, triage, metric-driven reporting of status, automatic recovery, failover, etc.
- Document: You will capture our architecture at multiple levels, identify industry patterns that could be employed, and capture current and future states for our platform.
We are looking for someone with:
- 5+ years experience working in software development
- 3+ years working with cloud technologies
- Ability to clearly document and communicate architectural concepts at multiple levels
- Experience with build and deployment automation (HashiCorp, Terraform, Google stack, TeamCity, and/or Jenkins)
- Experience deploying and managing Kubernetes clusters & operators
- Experience with infrastructure monitoring tools (DataDog, Splunk, Dynatrace, etc.)
- Experience with secrets management with HashiCorp Vault
- Experience with GitHub Actions
- A Bachelor of Science Degree in Electrical, Mechanical, Software, or other Engineering discipline
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
We are really excited if someone has:
- Experience with data engineering tools and technologies (SQL, NoSQL, MongoDB, etc.)
Volusion’s Technology Stack:
- React (including React hooks), NextJS, mobx-state-tree, and custom server-side rendering
- Public-facing REST APIs backed by TypeScript, Node.js, Fastify, and Express
- SQL and no-SQL Databases; specific experience with PostgreSQL and MongoDB
- Google Cloud Platform including Kubernetes, and managed database services
- Search and caching using Elasticsearch, RediSearch, Algolia, and Redis
- Event streaming using Kafka
Who is also the embodiment of our culture code (we hope you are nodding your head in agreement as you browse through it!):
- Humble: Have humility and be respectful; no egos allowed.
- Effective: Get stuff done!
- Adaptable: Willing to fill any role, anytime. Going above/beyond the call of duty.
- Transparent: Open and honest to self and others.
- Collaborative: We favor teamwork and take ownership.
- A founder: Think big, go fast, and solve for the customer.
Benefits & Perks:
- Competitive Compensation Packages
- 401(k) with Company Matching
- Medical, Dental, Vision, and Voluntary Life Insurance
- Paid Parental Leave
- Flexible Paid Time Off
- Two Volunteer Days Off
- Birthday Off
- Remote Work Flexibility
- Professional Development Opportunities for Career and Skills Advancement
- Work from Home Tips
- Robust Peer Recognition Program
- Virtual Events: Trivia, Monthly Bingo, Scavenger Hunts, Back to School Day
- Virtual Wellness Lunch & Learns
- Giving Back to the Community Initiatives: Created signs for Healthcare Heroes and Easy Tiger Bread Drive
- Quarterly Virtual Team Building events