Visit.org is looking for an intelligent, ambitious Software Engineer Team Lead to join our team remotely. This is an opportunity for an experienced web development professional with an eye for detail and excellent communication skills who wants to contribute their skills to making a positive impact around the world. We’re a startup, so the right candidate will have an entrepreneurial spirit, experience leading teams of engineers at early-stage companies, extreme passion for our mission, and of course, the desire to roll up your sleeves and make the impossible happen.
Do Work that Makes the World a Better Place
Visit.org is a proud B Corp with social impact in its DNA. As a mission-driven business, we’re motivated by the opportunity to help corporations and their employees around the world do more good in their communities. Each member of our team is passionate about making the world a better place and believes in the power of small actions to generate meaningful, lasting change. We’re looking for new team members to help us continue to innovate game-changing technology and help our corporate partners nurture a company culture of purpose, impact, and inclusion. If you want to feel good about going to work every day, Visit.org is the place to be.
When You Join the Team
- You’ll join a movement from the ground floor that’s helping the world’s leading brands generate social change and engage their employees with local causes they care about.
- You’ll combine passion, purpose, and a paycheck—Visit.org team members get out of bed every day knowing their work is meaningful and has a tangible impact on individuals and communities around the world.
- You’ll join a high-performing rockstar team that will help you hone your skills while being your best, most authentic self.
- You’ll find passionate, purpose-driven people with a strong sense of responsibility, ownership, and pride that we’re building this thing together.
- You develop and own it all! From design to production, including products and features
- Manage a team of engineers and lead all development for the company
- Master agile methodologies and continuously improve those within your team
- Lead designs & decision making processes of the team
- Maintain multiple consistent environments (development, QA, and production)
- Work with developers, automation engineers, and the company’s customer-facing teams to architect solutions that increase efficiency
- Design, develop, test and deploy high traffic features, with an emphasis on scalability and performance
- Build packages, modules and reusable components that will be used across our codebase
- Tackle tough problems and find creative ways to solve them
- Determine feasibility by performing risk management and evaluating tradeoffs
- Build new features and directly impact the future of our product end to end (frontend, backend, tests, monitoring, etc.) and cross platforms (services, web, mobile, extensions)
- Write high-quality, functional code – backend and frontend
- At least 2 years of experience as a software engineer team leader (or similar) with proven management experience
- At least 5 years of experience as a software engineer
- Experience with web APIs
- Experience in popular server technology (Ruby on Rails, Heroku, AWS)
- Experience with databases
- Experience in architecture and design of large-scale scalable and high performance web production systems
- Comfortable taking challenges and learning new technologies
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to provide constant dialog between teams
- Self-learner, strong can-do attitude and great interpersonal skills
What We Offer:
This is a remote, full-time (40 hours/week) position with competitive salary and benefits.
Submit your resume and cover letter here or to firstname.lastname@example.org.