We are looking for a passionate Cloud Platform Engineer with experience in Cloud technology (AWS), Python programming skills, and a strong Linux foundation. The ideal candidate is a strong systems integrator with an eye for opportunity to enhance, optimize, or increase robustness of an existing code base. The candidate should have experience with infrastructure as code and be able to leverage modern tools to define, build and manage virtual infrastructure in the cloud.
This position will allow you to significantly contribute to the development of custom software components and integration of open source code to address complex time series analysis problems through the use of cutting edge Big Data/Cloud technology. As a result, you will be expected to work autonomously identifying and solving problems quickly while working toward broader strategic goals set by Architects on the team. Design and implement core architecture and capabilities for software from prototype to operational applications.
Skills & Requirements
US Citizenship Required*
- 8+ years’ experience in Platform Engineering or Software Development (Python or Java).
- B.S. Degree in Computer Science or related field. Educational requirements may be adjusted for applicable work experience. Work experience may be adjusted for highly specialized knowledge or uniquely applicable experience.
The most successful candidates have:
- Must have experience developing infrastructure in AWS.
- Have a solid understanding of Linux systems, hosts, networks, security, applications and proficiency in shell scripting (Shell/Bash).
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
A current security clearance is not required on day one, but will be processed for a clearance and therefore all candidates must be a U.S. Citizen. Can hold a Secret and Top Secret level security clearance.