Who we are
Valeyo is a leading Canadian-based solutions provider to the financial services industry. In addition to being a leader in loan origination technology, we are a trusted distributor for industry-leading carriers and service providers across Canada. Our partners' products strengthen our proprietary technologies and expand our suite of lending and insurance solutions. With more than 40 years of business excellence behind us, Valeyo unites a diverse group of insurance, technology, business, and marketing professionals with a common purpose: to help our clients thrive through strong partnerships. Through the combination of our services-driven vision and distribution expertise, we can push further and faster to provide our clients with a broader range of financial solutions for their customers.
As an organization, we subscribe to the concept of winning as a team, working together, and implementing the best ideas put forward. Guided by our core values of accountability, partner-centricity, teamwork & collaboration, results-orientation, integrity, and passion, we take a unified approach to achieving our shared purpose: accelerating our success and that of our clients by building better businesses.
Who we need
Reporting to the Vice President, Sales Operations, we need two Account Managers, Insurance to join our team. Managing a portfolio of accounts, you will organically grow out your book of business. You will work closely with the sales operations team to execute our strategic sales and marketing initiatives. You will develop and implement appropriate action plans and initiatives to maximize Insurance growth within assigned accounts. You will play a key role in client retention, revenue growth, training, and ongoing service and sales support for our partners’ Insurance programs.
Valeyo's current COVID-19 protocols require that most staff work remotely.
Who you are
You are a relationship builder and problem solver. With a couple of years of experience in insurance, loans, mortgages, or financial services, you want to step into a reputable, growing organization offering solutions to Credit Unions. You want to play a key role in our success and that of your clients as you offer subject matter expertise and solutions support. You are looking for a highly collaborative team where you can partner cross-functionally to gain exposure and increase your skillset and knowledge.
What’s in it for you
Professional development, autonomy, and collaboration. You will have a deep 90-day onboarding and training program to set you up for success, as well as the opportunity to obtain your Insurance license. You will have the freedom to manage your day and your clients in a manner that suits both parties. This is an opportunity to build out your account and sales skills acting exclusively as a relationship manager and subject matter expert with the sales operations and technology consultant support behind you. This is a chance to grow your exposure with clients once the pandemic restrictions are lifted and you can travel to sites, supporting their community and customer initiatives.
What you will do
- Be strategic and analytical. You will work with the team to develop strategies and content that will retain and satisfy customers. You will review sales metrics to identify upsell and 'at-risk' customers early in the life cycle. You will record data to ensure accurate sales reporting, measuring performance metrics, and forecasting revenue. You will work closely with expired customers to outline active account benefits and guide them through the renewal process. You will recommend additional products and solutions when appropriate.
- Manage and support client accounts. You will collaborate with partners (clients) and internal teams to ensure engagement, success, and renewals. You will connect clients with resources such as forums, webinars, demos, and other timely information to ensure successful engagement with the product(s).
- Grow engagement and uptake of Insurance products. You will work with our Partners and Sales Operations team to determine each partner's insurance sales goals and opportunities. You will assess and uncover partner needs, conduct review sessions, and develop action plans. You will apply and offer product training, sales coaching, and recognition programs to motivate product sales and encourage overall revenue growth.
- Market research. You will attend credit union annual general meetings and other relevant seminars to maintain an understanding of regulations and market trends and ensure proactive results that add value for our partners.
What you bring:
- The education and experience. You have a Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience. You are LLQP Life Licensed or are interested in obtaining an LLQP Life License. You have direct experience in lending, credit unions, or the financial industry. You have exceptional sales and client services skills, with the ability to identify opportunities and provide the right-fit solution. You are comfortable using technology including a CRM, and using metrics to drive your approach.
- The accountability and collaboration. You take ownership of your work and its impact on the company's ability to be successful. You have a collaborative spirit and can build productive relationships across the organization. You have a genuine interest in understanding others, hearing their perspectives, and addressing their concerns. You think creatively and have an analytical mindset, and enjoy diving into the research and the details.
- The communication skills. You have outstanding professional written, verbal, and presentation skills. You ask intelligent questions to obtain information, identify root causes, and determine a solution. You have exceptional conflict management and negotiation abilities.
The Valeyo Way:
Through collaboration and innovation, everything we do at Valeyo is focused on people - those we help and those we hire.
It's #thevaleyoway to empower our people with autonomy to make decisions that align with our values, to treat each other with compassion focusing on what we can accomplish as a team; and to recognize our individual and collective efforts.
We share a passion and drive for success and are a proudly diverse team. Embracing our differences enhances everything we are involved in from our social awareness as an organization, to our creative problem solving, to the communities we support.
We offer our team the best of both worlds: a fast-paced, innovative FinTech environment and an established organization. This includes:
- A healthy, fulfilling work-life balance through a flexible hybrid work model, a Health and Personal Spending Account. Plus the comprehensive benefits and perks of a financially stable organization including Group Retirement Savings Plan (RRSP) with a company match for Deferred Profit Sharing Plan (DPSP) and a generous paid-time-off policy including vacation, personal/sick time, wellness day and statutory holidays.
- A continuously evolving people-first environment that takes time to have some fun (virtual team building events including scavenger hunts, charity drives, FitBit challenges, photo challenges, and virtual social events, including team lunches, and once we're able to safely do so, awesome potlucks, costume competitions, and karaoke battles) while providing access to professional development opportunities through training and educational assistance programs.
- A bigger than us outlook. Every year we offer $1000 grants to students who are credit union members. It's just one of the ways we support financial opportunity and growth beyond our virtual walls and in the community.
If you have 70% of the qualifications we are looking for and want to be part of success, we encourage you to express your interest. We can't promise it will be a fit, but we do promise to consider your experience. Apply now.
Valeyo is committed to providing a barrier-free work environment in concert with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act and the Ontario Human Rights Code. As such, Valeyo will provide reasonable accommodations available to applicants with disabilities upon request during the recruitment process. Please contact [Email available when viewing the job] for accommodation requests.